Imbalance

I get to work and Mia just nods to me and I figure that Alex agreed to let Bradley do the interview with Ashley on Friday. I give Ellison his coffee and he gives me the script to give to Bradley. I go over and give her her script as she's talking with Yanko and Daniel.

"So, one big happy family?" Bradley asks the group.

"Yeah. With an absent mother." Yanko mutters and I realize Alex was supposed to be here too.

Ellison gives me a look that tells me to go find Alex and I huff and head to her dressing room. I knock and hear her say she's busy. I look into her mind and see what she's doing and know she's fully dressed. I open the door and walk in and close the door behind me while she glares at me.

"What are you doing in here? I told you-." She starts saying.

"Ellison told me to get you."

"Well, I'm busy." She snaps and I roll my eyes and head towards the door.

"Wait." She huffs and against my better judgement I stop.

"What?" I ask.

"You were right yesterday, about how it would've looked to the viewers if I did the interview." She confesses.

"It's my job to know how they think." I shrug.

"Is that how you think?" She asks and I lick my lips.

"What I think doesn't matter because I'm in the middle of this now too. My job is to make sure Ellison gets what he needs to make you guys marketable." Is all I answer with and then leave.

I get back to the sound room and hear Mia telling Bradley that she's going to be interviewing Ashley, instead of Alex doing it. Bradley freaks out and storms off the stage and it's quite entertaining watching her try to run in heels.

————

I watch from the gym with Ellison as Bradley and Alex start the show. They put a Kelly Clarkson song on in the background and I roll my eyes. Ellison is running on a treadmill as he watches the show and I lean against the machine watching it too.

Everything feels so fake up there to me, but most of the population is dumb enough to believe that these two are best friends.

"You have arrived. Welcome, Bradley Jackson." Alex says and Bradley thanks her.

"Does this feel like total bland bullshit to you?" Ellison asks me.

"Yup." I answer.

"So, what would we consider this to be? I guess our...would this be our second date?" Alex asks.

"I don't wanna scare you Alex, but I think we've already moved in." Bradley answers and I roll my eyes.

"Well, here's hoping you get to the bedroom soon." Ellison scoffs and I smirk just a bit.

They start going into her background with her mom on the feed and I start to zone out. I almost choke on my coffee when Bradley lets it slip that she had an abortion as a teenager. A good three seconds passes before Alex regains the ability of speech and I just Chip is freaking out.

Now things are getting interesting again. Yanko quickly gets on air and starts talking about children and babies and I can't help but chuckle.

"This is great!" Ellison says excitedly.

"It's blowing up." I say as I look online.