Marks

"I told the police you weren't a good suspect." Shawn says as he stands in my doorway.

"We didn't even finish the questionnaire." I counter.

"I filled the rest of it in." He shrugs and I quirk a brow.

"I'm pretty sure that's illegal."

"Only if you tell them." He smirks and I chuckle.

"Thanks." I tell him.

"Yeah, plus, I can't find any reason you'd set fire to your own apartment." He scoffs.

"Yeah, I would've definitely grabbed my phone before doing that." I chuckle.

"Well, the police said they'd keep it in mind in their investigation. But as for now, your still under house arrest." He explains.

"Great, I was really looking forward to committing some murders." I say with a straight face and he chuckles, not knowing I'm completely serious.

"Well, you should probably get ready and head downstairs." He says and I huff and he smirks as he walks over towards me, knowing I hate being by the group.

"All they do is complain about their pathetic rich lives." I groan.

"Well, if you behave today, maybe I'll give you a reward. I'll get breakfast for you too." He whispers in my ear and I smirk a tiny bit.

"That's my girl." He praises as I get out of bed.

He leaves and I get ready and dressed. I head downstairs and they're all reading paperwork in the living room. I head to the kitchen and Shawn hands me some buttered toast and a glass of milk and I go to the counter.

"Know what they're working on?" I ask after taking a sip of milk.

"Some marks were found on the victim's throat. Prosecution claims its nail markings, they're trying to figure out otherwise." Shawn explains and I nod.

"It all depends on who we get up on the stand." Keating says from the doorway.

"Oh, the old expert witness route." I say and she quirks a brow.

"What? It's not uncommon to pay them to say what you want them to say. The trick is to get the ones who can't be paid off." I point out.

"Yeah, very few of those." She scoffs.

"I might know of one who might be able to help." I offer and she raises her r brows

"A friend of a friend." I shrug.

"And you know them to be truthful?"

"They wouldn't lie on the stand, I promise you that." I scoff and she nods her head.

"Contact them. I need someone reliable to show the jury." She says and leaves.

"I'll be back in a few hours." Shawn tells me and gives me a kiss on the forehead as he leaves.

I get out my phone and call Ducky and explain to him what's going on. I tell him what I need from him and he sounds thrilled to help out.

Keating's POV:
I head to court after Dee's connection pulls through and personally looks at the body and tells me his findings. I put him up on the stand to testify. He's a short older man who wears a bow tie. He seems to know what he's talking about.

"The marks on the victim's neck look to be postmortem but bites. In fact, it's from insects of the culicidae family. Interestingly enough, the culex species thrives in water-based environments." He explains on the stand.

"Nothing further." I say and let him off the stand.

————

I get back to my place and see Dee napping on the couch.