Bus

Danika's POV:
I start walking down the street, my fists bloody, and my body sore. I look up and see someone in my way and take my headset off, allowing all the noise of the night enter my ears.

"Can I help you?" I ask as the man just stands there but I can't see his face.

"I don't know, can you?" Jett asks in his British accent.

I wake up soaked in sweat and my heart beating fast in my chest. I try to calm myself down by breathing techniques but I'm still riled up.

I get out of bed and head down to the gym and start working out, trying to get his voice out of my head. It doesn't seem to matter how hard or how fast I punch the bag, his voice over powers it until it's all I hear.

"Hey, you okay?" I hear an unfamiliar voice and turn around and see a guy standing there, getting ready to work out.

"Yeah. Fine." I huff and look down seeing that my hands are now actually bloody.

"Shit." I mutter and leave.

I clean my hands and wrap them up, trying to get Jett out of my head. But all I can think about is him. His hands, his voice, his breath, and scent.

I take a shaky breath and close my eyes.

"That's my girl." He praises.

"See how much better it is when you listen?" He asks.

"I've got something special for you today." He says sounding excited.

A bunch of other things he said go through my mind and I clench my jaw trying to make it stop. A knock on the door interrupts my thoughts and I take a deep breath and clean myself up and head to the door.

"Why haven't you been answering my calls?" Hotch asks looking frustrated.

"Huh? Oh, uh I forgot to charge my phone." I say remembering that I left it on.

"Let's go, you can get ready on the way." He says as he grabs my gun and badge from my dresser drawer, along with my phone.

———

We get to a high school and I see a bunch of cops talking in the parking lot. I see the news on someone's phone about a school bus abduction that 24 students were riding.

Gibbs and his team are here as well and I can tell this is a big priority case.

"Found her." Hotch announces, clearly annoyed.

"Sleep in?" Tony scoffs and wiggles his eyebrows and I roll my eyes.

Gibbs smacks him on the back of the head which makes me feel a bit better. The parents of the missing kids are also there and I huff dreading having to talk with them.

Gibbs comes over and gives me a cup of coffee that I happily take.

"Good to see you back in the saddle." He praises.

Blake's POV:
I can't help but be intrigued with how Agent Gibbs talks with Danika. It's different than how he talks to his other agents.

I heard about him and his team, how he's a lot like Hotch, yet a little more laid back. Agent DiNozzo is the jokester of the group, much like Morgan. While Agent McGee is the brains like Reid and Ziva is much like Prentiss apparently was. But I can't seem to figure out what Danika brings to the group.

I watch as they go over and greet her, how they interact with her. Her and Dinozzo are like two peas in a pod. McGee knows her well, but still seems to keep his distance, not wanting to ruffle any feathers. Ziva seems sure of herself, except when it comes to being near Danika.