Park

Danika's POV:
"What did you do?" I ask once Azazel comes back after a few hours.

"Saved your buddy from being murded. By the way, you're welcome." He says sarcastically with open arms.

"Thanks." I mutter and I can tell he has a cocky smirk on his face without even looking at him.

"We did have a deal, and the guy was in demonic elements..." He chuckles and I roll my eyes.

I know he's going to hang this over my head, use it against me somehow. He always finds a way to make a good act bad. No matter what he does, he always has a reason behind it and I have a feeling I'm not going to like what it is.

Hotch's POV:
I head to my office and close the door then sit down at my desk. I open my wallet and look at the photo of Danika. I clench my jaw, wanting to tell someone about my suspicions. That she's not actually dead.

I know it sounds wishful and crazy, but I still feel her in some strange way. I didn't for a while but then we got the one case six months later and it felt so familiar. We lost all the evidence for the case in the barn fire, so it was never actually finished.

Everyone else seemed to chalk it up to a psychopath who wanted to mess with us and brag, but it felt different to me. It felt...more reminiscent of sorts.

"Hey, you free?" Morgan knocks on the door and I nod and he walks in, closes the door and then sits down.

"Can I ask you something?" He asks.

"You know you can." I assure him and he sighs and looks down at his hands.

"And you promise you won't send me to a shrink?" He chuckles and I furrow my brows.

"What's going on?" I question.

"This is gonna sound...weird. Um...this case we just had..." He starts saying and I sit up.

"Yeah." I say encouraging him to continue.

"Ruiz said something...usually I wouldn't play into the whole-religious side of things...but, I can't get it out of my head." He starts to explain.

"What did he say?" I ask.

"He said; that Reid had ghosts in his head. Not just him, me and you too." He starts explaining and I nod my head remembering it.

"How did he know that we lost someone? Lost the same person?" He questions and I gulp, knowing he's talking about Danika.

"Maybe he saw a flaw in our team and chalked it up to-." I start trying to say.

"No, I heard him say something like; 'must've been somehow attached to that girl you miss so much. I'll pray for her soul.' We never mentioned Danika to him, how would he know it was a girl? And why would he think she was connected?" He questions and I huff and get up out of my seat.

I close the blinds and get the copy of the files I had of the one case. In cases like the one we had, I make copies just in case.

"What is this?" Morgan asks.

"Do you remember the case we had about 7 months after Danika passed away?" I question.

"Yeah, all those people were tortured to death and then all the evidence was destroyed in the barn fire. What about it?" He asks.

"We never caught them. And I kept waiting for some new case or one that was similar to be brought to us, but it never happened." I start explaining.

"Well, they did say the game was over." Morgan shrugs.

"When has an unsub like that ever been able to just stop killing?" I question.

"I mean, Foyet did." He says quietly.