Cheat

I meet up with the group at Keating's to go over the case and they watch the news about Lila's case being called a homicide. I huff and lean back in the couch and close my eyes. My phone goes off and I groan and answer it.

"Hello?" I ask and hear Shawn's voice on the other end of the line.

"You feeling sick or something? You weren't in class this morning." He questions.

"Shit, no. I had a long night with my other class." I lie, realizing I slept in after my late night out.

"Look, how about this, you meet me in my office tonight and I'll go over what we talked about in class so you can get caught up." He offers.

"If she doesn't keep us long again, sure." I say about Keating.

"Alright, let me know if it changes." He says and I hang up.

"Who was that?" Wes asks.

"Student in my psych class, I missed this morning's class, I have to meet up with them tonight to get the notes." I say and he nods.

"Did you do what I asked?" Keating asks Wes and he hands her a file.

—————

We head to court and I'm bored out of my mind again and secretly text Shawn on my prepaid cell.

I don't know how people do this everyday. It's mind numbing.

Just picture everyone in their underwear.

Ew. You do know this one has a balding old man, right?

Then do what you do best and read all of the people in the room.

Already did. So many of them are cheating, it's not even funny.

"Dorsey, Jake Dorsey." A voice brings me back to the courtroom and I put my phone away.

"Really, so you're not officer Chad Mullens?" Keaton asks.

"You're honor, I'm not sure what Ms. Keating is insinuations here-." The attorney argues.

"I'm just reading from the supplemental arrest report, which says that officer Mullens found the hunting knife, not our witness here." Keating counters.

"Or am I misreading the name, Officer Dorsey?" She asks the witness and he looks at it.

"Uh...no. Says officer Mullens."

"An officer who I recently found out is under investigation for drinking on the job, which explains why your boss might want to keep his name off of the official arrest report, maybe even changing his name for yours."

"Your honor, can we take a recess?" The attorney asks.

Hotch's POV:
A third body was found with the same MO. But this time the country flags were from the Bahamas, as was the victim. It's official, we're dealing with a serial killer.

"There's no cool off period." Reid points out as we get to the crime scene.

"Meaning, it's most likely going to continue at this same rate." Morgan huffs and shakes his head.

"I don't get it, what does the killer get out of doing this?" JJ asks about the MO.

"Maybe they want to be ironic." I mutter as I scratch the back of my head, trying to figure out a better reason.