Sleepwalk

We get another case, an interesting one. A woman killed her children's nanny while she was still asleep, the killer was asleep. She sleep-killed a person, well, she was seen on the porch camera dragging the body outside and trying to clean the blood off.

"It was the husband." I mutter as I read a book, sitting in a chair in the living room.

"That is so cliche, not to mention the wife is the one who was caught on camera, cleaning up the evidence." Millstone counters.

"She was asleep. I don't know about you, but killing a person takes a lot of energy and strength. It takes a lot of adrenaline, adrenaline is something that keeps the body awake, not asleep." I point out the obvious.

"She's been known to do a lot of things while sleep walking. It's her medication." Keating says, backing Millstone up.

"There's a difference between murdering someone and doing the laundry or dishes." I scoff.

"Maybe she was calm durning the action." Michaela offers.

"Doesn't matter, it was still the husband." I mutter.

"You're just saying a the because it's the easy answer." Laurel says.

"No, the easy answer would be that she did it in her sleep. I'm proposing a completely different theory." I scoff.

"And what motive would the husband have?" Connor asks.

"Affair." I shrug.

"Again, easy answer." Millstone scoffs.

"Occam's Razor." I state.

"What?" Millstone asks.

"Look it up." I huff and get up from the chair.

I head up to my room so I don't have to argue with them anymore about how dumb their theory of the mom killing the nanny in her sleep is. Even if she did do it, someone would've heard something, the nanny would have had to seen it coming from the angles of her wounds. But I'm done helping them win cases for now, the kids need to fly on their own.

"You have a minute?" Shawn asks me as he stands in my doorway.

"Sure." I agree and he walks in and closes the door.

"I'm sorry you were put in that position last night." He apologizes.

"Yeah, well. Could've been worse. I could've told her the truth." I scoff and he bows his head.

"Thank you for not doing that." He gulps.

"Better for everyone that way." I shrug.

"I mean it, I'm sorry you had to be in the middle of that." He says.

"I've had worse." I scoff and he walks over towards my bed.

"They're all downstairs." I remind him.

"I know, I'm not doing that. I just wanna talk." He assures me and I sit up.

"About?" I ask and he sighs as he sits down on the edge of the bed.

"Your reckless behavior. Annalise asked me to talk to you about it and I never really got to do it, with everything going on." He explains and I huff.

"I already told you, I'm not suicidal."

"You did say that. What about what happened in the prison with Shaw?" He asks and I furrow my brows.

"What about it?" I ask.

"You said some things-."

"I was playing along with him, getting to get him to trust me and open up."