Calm

Dr. Shepherd's POV:
Dr. Burke walks into my OR and I know I'm gonna get an earful.

"Dr. Shepherd." He says and I respond.

"How's it going?" Burke asks.

"He's got a second bleed under the skull base. If I do what the textbooks say, he could lose the power of speech, herniate and die."

"What's your other option?" He asks.

"If I do what I want, he could lose the power of speech, herniate and die."

"Well, good luck with that." He scoffs.

"Thanks. Is there something you want?" I ask when he didn't leave.

"You know, it was really stupid of you not to evacuate."

"You too."

"Yeah, I know. But that girl in there. Man, she's something else. Ain't scared of anything." Burke says.

"Now, can you operate and remove the device from the guy?" I ask.

"After the bomb squad is through assessing him, I'm going to try." He answers and I nod.

"I don't want to be the guy that kills Bailey's husband."

"I don't want to me the guy that kills us all. Dr. Shepherd." He says.

"Dr. Burke." I say and he leaves.

Danika's POV:
Dylan stands being me to see how I'm doing.

"You realize how stupid that was?" He asks me about going along and playing doctor.

"Never stopped me before." I say and he scoffs.

"No, no it didn't." He admits.

"What were you in for this time?" He asks as Yang pumps the airbag.

"Someone tried to make me a marionette doll." I say.

"Hate it when that happens." He scoffs.

"Not the worst thing though." I counter and he chuckles as Yang looks at us as if we're insane.

"What?" I ask.

"How do you do that?" She asks.

"Do what?"

"Joke around about being mutilated?"

"Because that's exactly what happened to me." I say and her eyes go wide.

"You were being serious?" She asks.

"Yeah, sick fuck dislocated almost every joint in my body. Hurt like hell." I say.

Burke walks back in and takes over for Yang. He looks at me as I smirk.

"What?" He asks.

"Bow chicka wow wow." I sing and he rolls his eyes.

"You kinda make it obvious." I say.

"Yeah, you kinda do." Dylan agrees.

"Will both of you keep your minds at what's on hand here?" Burke stifle a chuckle.

"That's a good one. Hand, bomb." I state and he rolls his eyes.

"So you have a plan to get me out of this, right?" I ask as I look at the two guys.

"Because, I'd I die, I'm gonna haunt your asses, but it'll be worse when my boss finds out." I warn and Dylan gulps.

"Is this the strangest thing that's happened in your OR?" I ask Burke.