Awake

"Danika!" Hotch shouts.

"I'm on my way." I mutter annoyed as I make my way through the field.

"Don't forget the body!" Derek shouts and I look back and see a faceless body laying behind me.

"Danika!"

"Danika!"

"Danika!" I feel a hand grab me and I turn only to see the faceless man.

"Danika!" Hotch shouts, waking me up from my nightmare.

"We're here." He tells me and I look and see that the jet is empty.

"You alright?" He asks and I nod.

"Nightmare." I shrug and he nods.

"You wanna talk about it?" He asks.

"No, I'm good." I assure him and he stands up and turns around.

"That's good, because I'd rather do other things than talk." He voice warps into Jett's.

He turns around and he has no face as he just looks down at me.

I wake up startled and gulp when I see that I'm on the jet with the team, coming back from a case. I touch my body trying to figure out if I'm really awake.

"You ok?" I hear Reid ask and look over but he's faceless.

I look around and the whole team is faceless and their voice warps into Jett's voice as they crowd around me.

"Danika." I hear Gibb's voice but don't dare open my eyes, afraid that I'll see the faceless man.

"Hey, wake up." He shakes me and my heart is beating so hard I'm scared it's going to explode.

Gibb's POV:
I try to wake Danika up but she's not budging. She seem to be having a nightmare that I can't shake her out of.

I don't want to do it but I've been trying to wake her up for over a half hour and we need to get to work. I get a cup of water as splash her face.

She darts upright wide eyed and her chest is heaving.

"Danika. It's time to go to work." I say but she looks past me.

I look behind myself but don't see anything but a lamp. I look back at her and her eyes are still wide open.

"Am I awake?" She asks and I nod.

"Prove it." She says and I smack her on the back of the head which seems to snap her out of it.

"You good now?" I ask and she nods.

"Yeah. Thanks." She says and I scoff, rarely ever being thanked for slapping someone in the back of the head.

She gets ready and we head into work. I can't help but notice she's on edge. I decide not to pry for now, knowing that her other team probably does enough of that already.

I let her sleep for the beginning of the case before we decided to head out to the crime scene, seeing how she hadn't been sleeping well. Hotch said she's been drinking more coffee than me lately.

Danika's POV:
"What's the case?" I ask walking over to my desk.

"Guy was killed and then eaten by a bear. There's a search and rescue team underway." Tony explains and I nod and finish my coffee.

"Here. You're gonna need it." Gibbs says and give me his and Tony and Probie's eyes are wide.

"Why are all our eyes wide?" Ziva asks.

"Gibbs doesn't let anyone have his coffee!" Tony whispers aggressively.

"Let's go, the truck ain't gonna move itself." Gibbs shouts by the elevator.