Random

Hotch's POV:
"My first official case back on the job and I get blown up. Sounds about right." Danika weakly chuckles as she lays on the ground.

"Listen to me, help is on the way." I say worried.

"At least this time I'm not getting electrocuted." She mutters.

"Hey, Danika, stay with me!" I plead as she starts to close her eyes.

——a few days earlier——

"Danika!" I shout as Danika tries to pickpocket one of the New York detectives.

"What?" She asks innocently and I glare at her.

She backs away and puts her hands up as if she's innocent. Morgan just shakes his head with a chuckle, but I ignore him. She's been on my last nerve for a while, begging to be let back out on the field.

The doctor said that not only was she lucky to be alive after the electrocution, but that she someone how managed to survive without any major injuries.

Not to mention how she snuck away and investigated her own case and got kidnapped by a family that hunted people for fun. They ended up dead and I had to figure out how to make a cover story for the whole situation. The sheriff was more than willing to help and I realized that her brother had been one of the victims. Danika also managed to gain two new burn scars on her adventure.

I had no choice but to allow Danika to come along on the case in New York, because we needed all hands on deck. There's a bunch of random shootings happening during the day time. The victims are of different gender, age, economic status, and even race. There's nothing that ties them together, meaning we can't track the shooter.

"Sorry, what was knock-off Haley saying?" Danika asks and I glare at her.

"Go wait for me in the office. Now!" I order Danika and she rolls her eyes, but makes her way to the office.

"Ignore her." I apologize to SSA Kate Joyner.

Danika's POV:
Hotch didn't have a choice in whether or not I would be coming to New York. Strauss basically said that the only way the team was going to New York for the case was if I was going along.

Derek was excited as was Reid, Hotch on the other hand showed a little less than anger towards me because of what I'd gotten away with so far. Apparently I haven't shown him that I can 'follow orders' 'stay out of danger' or 'not brutally kill people who try to kill me' all of that bullshit. But I couldn't possibly bring Sam and Dean into the situation, so I had to improvise.

I sneak out of the office and head to the SVU precinct. I walk in the building and see Elliot sitting at his desk. He looks like he's exhausted and ready for a break so I walk over.

"Detective?" I ask with a sly smirk.

He takes a second and then finally looks up from his paperwork. It takes a minute for him to register who said it, but then he looks over and sees me.

"Danika? What are you doing here?" He asks sounding happy and gets up from his desk.

"Oh, ya know...trying to catch a serial shooter." I shrug and he walks over to me and brings me into a big hug.

"I heard about that. Some of the detectives on the case aren't thrilled that a Brit is in charge." He chuckles and I scoff.

"Yeah, I noticed." I state remembering the grumpy guy.