Autopsy

"Fine, if you refuse to go to the hospital I'm going to have to insist you stay in the office." Gibbs finally compromises.

"Look, I'm fine. I'm just a bit banged up." I argue.

"You have a concussion, my dear." Ducky counters.

"I've had worse." I state.

"The office or the hospital. Take it or leave it." Gibbs says with his arms crossed, and I know he's not going to back down.

"Office." I say through gritted teeth.

We get to the building and I change out of the burnt and smokey clothes. Kate let's me borrow some of hers while I wait for hand me downs.

"How did you know she had a bomb?" Kate asks about the woman as I come out of the stall.

"Saw her holding something

"Saw her holding something. Put two and two together." I shrug and she looks at me carefully, but seems to buy it.

"I just can't believe I could be that wrong-." She starts saying.

"Memory loss is a tricky thing." I shrug and she sighs.

We head back to the office and I sit in Gibbs' chair.

"What's that?" Kate asks Abby who comes walking over holding a box labeled 'evidence' on it.

"It's evidence that Ducky requested." She answers and looks nervous.

"Want me to take it down?" I offer, needing to get moving.

"Would you?" She asks, sounding relieved.

"You'll need clearance, I'll go with you." Kate offers and I shrug as I pick up the box and Kate signs the papers for chain of evidence.

I head down the elevator with Kate and see a red flashing sign above the autopsy door.

"What's that mean?" I ask.

"It means that they're working on an infectious autopsy." Kate explains.

"So, we just leave it outside the door." I figure and she nods.

We get to the door but I stop when something seems feels off. I can't quite explain it, but the hairs on the back of my neck are standing up.

"What?" Kate asks noticing my hesitation.

"I don't know, something's not right." I say and she furrows her brows.

"What do you mean?" She asks.

"I can't explain it, I have a gut feeling something-." I start saying but before I can say another word a gun is pointed at our heads.

"Guns on the ground and hands in the air." A man wearing scrubs orders.

He's tall with dark brown hair and a chiseled face. His voice is deep with a hint of a British accent.

"I don't have a gun." I say after he pulls me into the room and Kate follows after handing over her gun.