Show

"We have a case." Hotch announces and I get up from my desk and start heading to the conference room.

"Not you." Hotch says to me and I furrow my brows.

"What are you doing?" I ask.

"Director wants to see you." He states nonchalantly.

"Okay, I'll see them after the meeting." I say, thinking he'll agree since we fucked.

I know I have some sort of hold over Hotch, it's shown in how he lets me get away with more. He doesn't scold me as much and even lets it slide when I punch an Unsub every once in a while.

"Now." He orders and now I'm really confused.

"He's waiting." He reiterates.

"Fine." I huff and go up to the director's office.

"You wanted to see me?" I ask as I enter the office.

There's an older man with receding hair sitting behind his desk.

"Yes, please have a seat." He says and points to the chair in front of him.

"Just say what you want to say." I counter, wanting to skip the pleasantries.

"Okay, I'm putting you undercover." He says and I roll my eyes.

"Been there, done that. Twice-." I start to scoff.

"Not on this scale you haven't." He argues and I cross my arms.

"Try me."

"Fine, how about in the background of something almost every single person in the United States, watches every morning?" He plays along.

"The fuck are you talking about?" I scoff.

"The news station. The Morning Show." He explains.

"Okay, what about it?"

"You're going undercover. You won't be out on the screen, so don't worry about that. But you will be working closely with the hosts and their bosses and everyone involved." He explains and I furrow my brows.

"I get no say in this?" I ask.

"We need someone who can blend in, who can play the part-." He starts trying to explain.

"Someone who can see bullshit a mile away, yeah, I get it." I make him get to the point.

"This isn't going to be like your other undercover jobs. You can't just do whatever the hell you want and get away with it. You need to keep this job. We don't have any pull over there, so you need to be on your best behavior and really play the part." He explains.

"Yeah, I get it." I mutter.

"No, you don't. You'll be working under the President of the UBA news division, Cory Ellison." He says as if I should know who that is.

"Am I supposed to know who the fuck that is?" I scoff.

"No, but you will. I'm sending you to get ready tomorrow."

"Ready for what?" I counter.

"You need to be prepped." He states.

"I'll get the info on the way-." I say about the case.

"No, prepped on how to dress, act, everything." He counters.

"I'll be fine."

"This isn't a request." He says with a stern look.

—————

"You're late Iris." A man with dark hair says as I walk into a fancy looking office.