Freedom

Danika's POV:
"Damn, that's one way to drive a message home." I mutter after Fitz smothers the old judge in her hospital bed.

His eyes are wide and his mouth is agape as he looks at me. He looks as if he's at a loss for words.

"It's okay. I know why you did it." I assure him and he bows his head.

"Come here." I say and he walks over.

I bring him into a hug and he holds onto me tight. He sniffles and I know he feels betrayed by the people he trusted the most.

"It's gonna be okay." I assure him.

"They betrayed me." He says and I nod.

"I know, but it doesn't define you." I say as I hold his head in my hands and he looks into my eyes.

"God, I missed you so much." He sighs and brings me in for a long kiss.

I allow my eyes to close and him to kiss me passionately.

"Get out out of here, I'll meet up with you to talk later." He whispers after we part ways.

"I know." I say and head back out the window.

I get back to my apartment and stand by the closed door. If feels like I was away longer this time than last. I let myself in and almost everything is exactly the way it was when I left it.

I close the door behind me and walk over and plop down on the couch exhausted. The past few days I've had to go through the process of getting my ID remade and everything.

I close my eyes to go to sleep but they pop open when I feel something familiar under my hands. I sit up and look down and see a black cotton shirt laying under me.

I clench my jaw as I take it and throw it out the window, wanting to be rid of the fabric. I pace back and forth trying to calm myself down from the tight feeling in my chest.

A knock on the door interrupts my thoughts and I take a deep breath, then go over and unlock it. Standing there is Huck.

"Hey." I say and he has a worn look on his face.

"I heard you got back." He mutters and I nod and let him in.

"What's up?" I ask and he sighs as he sits down on the couch.

"I-I didn't know who else to go to about this..." He starts saying but stops and I get him a beer.

"About what?" I question.

"When they took me away-." He starts saying and I freeze.

"What are you talking about? Who took you away?" I ask.

"The government. They found the gun in my possession." He explains and I shut my eyes and shake my head.

"Huck, I had no idea." I say truthfully.

"They took you too, didn't they?" He asks and I clench my jaw.

"I heard that one of the interrogators was killed by some girl...I knew it had to be you." He explains and I lick my lips.

"Yeah, uh...I didn't tell anyone where I was." I admit leaving House out of it.

"When I heard that you had that courage...it gave me courage to fight. To not give in." He confesses and I just take it all in.

"But when I was released a week later, you weren't..." He starts explaining and I look at the ground.

"They had you this whole time?" He asks and I clench my jaw and nod.