Online

Garcia's POV:
"Hello chocolate thunder, how can I help you?" I answer the phone as Derek calls.

"I need some info on one of the victims. Matthew Tempford."

"Is that the guy who was found with his own cock in his mouth?" I ask in disgust.

"That'd be him." Derek chuckles.

"Ew, I will never get over how disgusting your guy's jobs are." I say and shiver.

"Trust me, this is one I definitely could've gone without seeing." Derek scoffs.

"Holy shit." I say as I click on his last name and I see a post from a blog pop up.

"What is it?" Derek asks.

"Does he have a step daughter named Tiffany?" I ask and there's a pause.

"Yeah, why?" Derek asks sounding perplexed.

"Um...I think I just found a secret blog of hers." I say as I scroll through it.

There's a lot about drama in her friend group and school stuff. I keep scrolling and stop when I see a confession of hers. It's heartbreaking and makes tears threaten my eyes.

"A lot of teenage girls have blogs." Derek scoffs.

"Not one's that talk about their step father forcing himself on them." I say with a terrible feeling in my gut.

"What?" Derek asks, sounding shocked.

"She says here that it started when she was around eight years old. The blog is private but I did some of my magic and...the stuff she talks about on here is...aweful." I say and shake my head.

"What was her last post?" Derek asks.

"A few days ago. It said; 'Hopefully soon I'll be able to breath again without worrying about what's going to happen during the night.' The one before that sounded like a cry for help." I say.

"Can you send it to me?" Derek asks and I send him the whole blog.

"Thanks, I'll talk with you later." Derek says and hangs up.

I look through the blog and see some things about how she tried to commit suicide before and how she's trying to get over self harming. I can't help but tear up as I read this girl's internet diary. People commented for her to tell the police but she said she couldn't because he father was one.

I shake my head at how helpless this girl must've felt all these years. That the only place she could talk about it was with strangers online. I log into her account to try and find some conversations she's had and find one that was deleted a few days ago, that shocks me to my core.

It says;

I might know someone who can help you with your problem.'

What do you mean?

I had the same issue with my mom's boyfriend, someone hooked me up with another person, long story short, my step dad was found dead in a pond. The brakes in his car failed.

Someone killed him?

Call it what you want, all I know is I can sleep easier at night now.

What did it cost you?

Nothing. I just gave them his name and phone number. A few days later, he was in the pond.

My dad's a cop though.

Doesn't matter, as long as they find proof of the target being a scumbag, they'll take care of it. Trust me, my mom's boyfriend was looked at as if he were the next coming of the messiah.