Auction

Danika's POV:
Elle ends up recovering from being shot and I recover from being stabbed and blown up. I got the sword hanging in my wall, just like I asked for. It's above the TV and it looks badass.

Luckily my website was unharmed from the hacking and I had it made even more secure just in case something like that happened again.

Derek came over every week to check in and get me food. Gideon would come every weekend and we'd watch movies and try to profile the characters.

After I'm cleared to come back to work Hotch puts me on desk duty for a few weeks to make sure I'm fully healed before I get to go back out into the field again. It feels like it's dragging on and never ending. I just look through files and use my abilities to help point the police in the right direction.

Elle has been out ever since the shooting but that's because she's not as annoying as me and didn't call Hotch every day for the past two months to ask when I can come back. When he started ignoring my calls I sent him faxes of crude images. Unfortunately for him Haley intercepted one and he finally gave in and let me come into work, on the understanding that I would be on desk duty. And desk duty meant that I would be in Hotch's office doing the work to make sure I didn't over do it.

A lot of times he would make me take a nap every other hour because he was under the impression that I wasn't getting enough sleep at home. He wasn't wrong, but it wasn't for the reason he was thinking.

I would take the sword off the wall and try different moves with it, acting like I was in medieval times. Safe to say I broke a few thing in the apartment.

————

"Seriously, why can't-." I start complaining as I sit up on the couch.

"Because you got yourself blown up!" Hotch scoffs as he gets up and walks out of his office.

"I saved Reid! That's gotta count for something!" I argue as I follow him down the steps into the pen.

"You had just been stabbed with a sword. Plus you knocked out a nurse after she tried to get you back into bed-." Hotch starts ranting but stops in his track when his phone goes off.

I bump into his back not being ready and he turns around and quirks a brow at me as he gets his phone from his pocket.

He answers the phone and heads up to his office, closing the door behind him. It's a clear sign that I shouldn't follow him so I just look at Derek. He shrugs not knowing what could be so important that Hotch have to have the conversation in absolute private. A lot of times Hotch takes calls from people while I'm in the room.

"He does have a point, Nika." Derek plays devils advocate about the field work.

"Who's side are you on?!" I scoff with my arms crossed.

"The side that keeps you alive." Derek chuckles and I roll my eyes.

"You win, Danika, get in here." Hotch huffs as he leaves his office and heads to the conference room.

I hop up from my desk and rush to the room and I can hear Derek laughing behind me. Hotch just shakes his head as I take my rightful seat and sigh. But the video on the screen dampers my mood a bit.

It's a little boy in some kind of box, on a child porn sight. There's a timer on it and I know that means he's being auctioned off. Once everyone gets to the room Reid starts explaining everything he knows about child porn. It's not the least bit riveting and makes me want to crawl out of my skin.

"One year ago, the same boy appeared on several websites used by pedophiles. He was a new face then. After a massive hunt led by our Crimes Against Children Unit, the boy disappeared." Gideon explains what he knows about this specific boy.