Asylum

I'm sat down at a table by one of the nurses at the psych ward. A girl comes over to me with bleach blonde hair in two messy buns on the sides of her head.

"Why did you try to kill yourself?" She asks bluntly as she sees my wrist wrapped up.

"I wanted to die and go back to hell so I could torture more souls. Skin people alive, hear their wails and cries as they beg for mercy. I wonder what your insides would look like." I state with a straight face and her face goes pale and she runs away crying and I chuckle to myself.

————

The group therapy begins where we're forced to sit in a circle with other people and share our feelings. I lean back in the chair and close my eyes wanting to be anywhere but here.

"Danika." Someone says but I ignore them.

"Would you like to share?" They ask.

"I'd rather cut myself open and eat my own intestines." I mutter without opening my eyes and the room is silent.

The meeting ends and I get up but am stopped by one of the helpers. He's tall and muscular but nice enough looking.

"The doctor would like a word." He explains and I roll my eyes but follow him to the doctor's office.

He knocks on the door and a short man answers it. He has glasses on and grey curly hair on his head.

"You must be miss Danika." He says in a soft and welcoming tone which makes my blood boil.

"Taking shrink to a whole new level, don't ya think?" I scoff at how short this man is, but if he heard me he doesn't act like it.

"Please come in." He tells me and I walk in and it looks like it's where little kids talk to a shrink.

There's animals painted on the walls in bright colors, flowers and swirls too. It's like a circus threw up on the walls.

"Please, have a seat." He offers and I sit down on the bright couch and he sits across from me.

"I understand you didn't want to come here, correct?" He asks and I just stare at him blankly.

"What do you think?" I ask.

"I ask because I've heard a few complaints from other patients about your behavior." He explains and I roll my eyes.

"Was it fat Jacob?" I ask about the guy with an extremely obvious eating disorder.

"Wait, let me guess, it was neurotic Nelly. Or maybe schizophrenic Sandra, I swear, her and her mind friends have it out for me." I scoff and he just looks at me.

"I'm not allowed to discuss-."

"Shit, it was paranoid Paul, wasn't it? Damn, I knew I couldn't trust him to keep his mouth shut about the government." I huff and shake my head in a joking manner.

"Well, I suppose it doesn't matter in the long run, looks like I'm getting kicked out." I shrug and he tilts his head.

"On the contrary. We think it'd be best if you were moved to a different patient care where you could get the help you need." He corrects me and I furrow my brows.

"I tried to kill myself, isn't a that who you help." I scoff and he sighs.

"We just believe that it would be helpful for you to get a better treatment plan, where there are doctors more suited for your needs." He says and I roll my eyes.

"Whatever you say." I mutter and before I can react I feel a sharp pain in my neck and everything starts to go blurry.

"Get her out of here, we'll take care of getting rid of the paper work per usual." I hear the doctor say in a more serious tone.