Bradley

I wake up and groan as my alarm goes off. I huff, feeling like I barely slept at all. Then I remember last night and smirk, remembering that I barely slept at all. Yanko is passed out next to me in bed, his breathing even and soft.

I get up and get ready and meet up with Ellison.

"So, how's it going with figuring out who Bradley Jackson is?" I ask and he huffs.

"Right now her producer is showing her around the studio." He says as we walk on the sidewalk.

He orders us some coffee and donuts at a small shop. He hands me my coffee and we keep walking.

"Why did you want to meet up so early?" I ask after yawning.

"There's a spot I wanted to show you. It's really nice in the morning." He says, but I decide not to push it.

We go through some dark alleys and even a broken fence that he holds open for me while I crouch down to fit through. We pass barely anyone on the way and it's strange, even for this time during the day. We get up on a roof, via a rusty fire escape and he helps me up on the last step.

We get to the spot and it actually looks pretty cool, still dark out and seeing all the city lights over the water and by the bridge. You can see the sunrise slowly coming up and it's actually pretty to see it happen over the water. It's simple, but beautiful. A few birds fly over the water, looking for a stray fish to catch.

For some reason it feels familiar, as if I've been here before, but I can't put my finger on why. I know I don't have my memories so it's not unusual, but I still rarely get a feeling like this. I've had it where I go somewhere I've been to before and feel absolutely nothing about it. But then every once in a while, there's a place or a smell that pulls at something deep inside me, more like something that used to be there, but now is an empty cavern of nothingness. And this is one of those times.

"Why here?" I ask, knowing there are plenty of other places to see this view, way easier to get to too.

"I don't know, I just always liked this spot as a kid." He shrugs and I quirk a brow.

"You came here as a kid?" I ask, feeling like it's the right thing to ask.

He doesn't seem like someone who opens up about himself much, few and far and in between when he does. He briefly told Bradley about his dreams to take over the world or something like that when they first met. But everyone in his position wants power, so it's nothing new.

"Yeah, early in the morning before my mom would wake up." He nods and I just stare out into the water as a seagull grasps a large fish from the depths of the waters.

"My dad left us and I took care of her, I mean, not in the way of like she was a frail small woman. Trust me, she could kick your ass if she wanted." He chuckles and I join.

"She kind of reminds me of you, to be honest. Not in the creepy way, but, more like someone who can take care of themselves." He assures me and I smile a bit at the compliment.

"So, you came out here in the mornings to be alone." I assume and he nods.

"Yeah, not necessarily quiet, but, alone." He explains and I completely understand what he means.