Mental

I lay awake in bed, listening to the three people in my head bickering, yet again. I close my eyes, trying my best to ignore them but they're at the foot of my bed.

"All I'm saying is, someone with Fire powers would kill more people than someone with water powers." Azazel scoffs.

"The human body is 70% water! You could kill way more people without detection if you had the power to control water." Foyet argues.

"You can also set a whole school on fire, killing more people all at once." Ari sides with Azazel.

"Will you shut up?!" I shout and all three look in my direction.

"Oh, so you aren't ignoring us anymore?" Azazel sneers.

"It's pretty fucking hard to do when you keep arguing about meaningless shit." I huff and get out of bed.

"At least we finally got you out of bed. It's been two days." Foyet sighs and I glare at him.

"Give it time, it wasn't easy for her after I left the mortal coil." Ari states, but then a knock on my door catches my attention.

I open the door and see Derek standing there with a big grin on his face.

"Guess what. Hotch wants you on a case." He says and punches me in the arm playfully.

"I thought he wanted me to take it easy." I counter as I go to the kitchen to get aspirin for my headache, known as the three musketeers.

"Not with this one apparently. We're gonna be teaming up with CBI in California, California Investigative Bureau. I don't know what the case is, but Hotch seems pretty determined to have you on it." Derek explains as I gulp down a glass of water.

"Then why not come here himself?" I counter and cross my arms.

"You didn't hear?" Derek asks and I furrow my brows.

"Hear what?"

"Agent Blake resigned. Hotch has been elbows deep in files, trying to find a replacement."

"She finally get the message?" I mutter to myself.

"Hey, I get that you two didn't get along with one another the best-."

"She treated me like a kindergartner." I snap and he puts his hands up in the air.

"Hotch just told me to make sure to get you there fast and ready." Derek submits and I go and get ready.

"If they already have a team on it, why are we coming?" I ask as we get in his car.

"Apparently the victim is a close friend of the Governor or something. Higher ups want the best on the case." He shrugs.

"Did they specifically request me?" I ask and he glances my way.

"I'll take that as a yes." I huff and look out the window, knowing that Fitz had to have something to do with it.

"What, you're not excited to be back on the job?" He asks.

"Of course she is, isn't that right champ?!" Foyet scoffs from the back seat.

"She's pumped!" Azazel joins.

Ever since Jett left for London, they've been visiting a whole lot more frequently than they did in the past. It's like everywhere I turn one of them is there. The truth is, it's hard to focus with them around and I don't want the others thinking I'm going insane. But more importantly, I don't want to believe that I'm going insane.

We get to the jet and the team is there and I'm handed a file on the victim. I go and sit on the couch and clench my jaw when I feel someone sit down next to me. I look over and see Ari sitting there next to me with an arrogant smirk on his features.