CIA

Danika's POV:
I get a call and look at my phone. I blink a few times to make sure I'm seeing it right, but I am. It's Gideon.

"Hello?" I ask as I answer the phone still half asleep.

"Thought I'd tell you before the rest of the team, our next case is going into CIA territory, if you want to stay out of it, I'd understand." He says and I sit up in bed.

"Why would I stay out of it?" I ask as I rub my eyes.

"I figured with you know..." He starts saying about my background.

"That, right. I should be fine. What's the case?" I ask.

"A buddy of mine was murdered, made to look like a suicide. Can't say any more on the phone though." Gideon says and I nod my head understanding.

"Yeah, I'll get a flight there." I say.

"Where are you?" Gideon asks and I look next to me and see Sean sound asleep.

"Oh, just New York." I shrug and get out of bed.

"What are you doing in-. Never mind." He realizes and I smirk.

"Hotch know?" He asks.

"Nope. And he's not going to." I say and get dressed.

"I'll let you know when I land." I say and hang up.

"Let me guess, work?" Sean asks as he sits up in the bed.

His blond hair is all messy, some of it over his face. His five o'clock shadow sharpening his features. The sheet over the lower portion of his body, revealing his shirtless torso. It's a really nice sight to take in first thing in the morning.

"Yup." I say and he groans.

"Why not pick a different profession? You know, one that's less dangerous?" He questions.

"It's not that dangerous." I shrug.

"How many times have you been blown up, again?" He asks and I scoff.

"Look, I may have almost gotten blown up a few times, but it's all within the job." I shrug.

In fact it's more than just almost being blown up. I was shot in the abdomen when we were on the LSDK case.

The cop in the trunk was shot as he was being escorted back to the building. He had leaked information. I was also shot in the abdomen and rushed to the hospital. The team figured out that the unsub was working at the hospital, a nurse. I got trapped in with Hotch, Reid and the unsub. We were barricaded in the lobby. I ended up getting shot in the left leg when the unsub got worked up.

Then there was the time I got T-boned by a van and a sadistic serial killer kidnapped me. I had a pretty good cut on my right leg from that. Then there was a hallucinating man on a train that shot me in the right thigh. I was also poisoned from an envelope, that one wasn't fun.

"Hey, you got your things, I got mine. You knew that when we started doing this." I remind him.

"I know. I just like having you around." He whines and I chuckle as he grabs me by the waist and pulls me close.

"And I like fresh food." I smirk and he chuckles and nuzzles into my stomach.

"Gotta go." I say and kiss him on the forehead.

"I know. Stay safe. Don't kill anyone who doesn't deserve it." He reminds me and I wink and leave.

————

I get to the BAU only to see they're already getting ready to leave.

"What took you so long?" Hotch asks annoyed, looking over at me.