Text

I follow Patrick out of the building after he gets a text that says there's a bomb near the building, taunting him, asking if he's smart enough to find it in time.

"I heard you helped keep a serial killer in prison, how does that work exactly?" Patrick asks as we look in the windows of cars.

"By keeping my mouth shut most of the time." I scoff and he chuckles.

"Well, I'm glad you decided to come and visit, especially on a day like today." He scoffs.

"Hotch is trying to find a replacement for one of our Agents. Let's just say I don't make that easy." I chuckle and he laughs.

"I believe that." He agrees and then pauses.

"What?" I ask and go over towards him.

"Stay there." He warns me when I start to approach the large white van.

"Don't tell me what to do." I mutter and walk over.

Inside the vehicle is a man who's tied up. He has a message written on his for head that says; YOU'RE NEXT. Next to him is a bomb counting down from 30 seconds. We try to open the doors but they're all locked. We don't have time to break the windows either.

I shove Patrick out of the way when he doesn't move away from the van, seeing the timer counting down closer to zero now. I run and start ducking for cover as I hear the explosion behind me. I'm not far away enough yet, so it forces me off my feet, over a nearby car. I roll a few times on the ground and stop when my body hits the tire of another car.

"Fuck, it's been a while since I've been blown up." I scoff on my back and wince from the pain.

I can hear Lisbon rushing over, trying to help Patrick up off the ground. I go to open my eyes but everything is black. I blink but it doesn't change.

"No, no, no no." I say frantically.

"What's wrong?" Lisbon asks as she rushes over towards me after helping Patrick up.

"I can't see." I say.

"Neither can I." Patrick states and my mind is going insane at the thought of becoming blind again.

————

I wake up in the hospital and it's still black, but now there's something covering my eyes.

"No, the bandages are there to keep them safe." I hear a doctor say and take my hands away from unraveling the bandages.

"What, my eyes get burned out of my skull?" I ask, oddly being reminded of the psychic that Cas blinded.

"No, I was just explaining to Mr. Jane that the blindness is most likely temporary. 32 to 48 hours I'm guessing." The doctor explains.

"Wonderful." I mutter.

Lisbon and the others leave us and I just huff, hating being blind again.

"Wanna play eye spy?" I ask Patrick and he actually laughs.

"If anyone else had asked me that, I'd punch them."

"Probably miss." I comment and he snickers.

"So, wanna get out of here?" I ask knowing he wants to be stuck here as much as me.

"How do you suppose we do that?" He asks.

"Easy, annoy them till they agree to release us." I shrug and wince in pain.