BAU

Danika's POV:
I get to the BAU building, known as Quantico and head inside. Walking down the halls, following the signs, I eventually get to an elevator and get inside, luckily I'm alone. The last thing I need is for one of the team members to be alone with me in an elevator.

I get to the correct floor and exit the elevator then walk down the hallway a bit. Turning the corner and walking through some open glass doors, I see a few groups of desks sitting in the middle of the room.

Around the desks is a ledge and a few sets of stairs leading up to some offices. I can only guess that they're are for the supervisors, Hotchner and Gideon.

"Put your hands where I can see them!" A female shouts from behind me.

I turn around and see a girl with dark brown hair standing there, pointing a gun at me. Not even bothering to put my hands up, even as she keeps pointing the weapon at me.

"I said-." She starts repeating herself, making me scoff.

"I heard you. I mean, I wasn't expecting a welcome party, but damn." I joke and she narrows her eyes, not understanding what's going on.

"Danika? What are you doing here?" Derek asks as he gets up from his desk.

"Nice to see you again, and I thought I told you to call me Nika." I smirk, remembering how he stopped Hotchner and Gideon in the hall with me when I was being arrested.

He slowly walks over as he eyes Elle who still has her gun aimed at my head. He clenches his jaw as he approaches us, trying to figure out how to defuse the situation.

"Elle, put the gun down." Derek tries to tell her calmly, but she doesn't move a muscle.

"Elle-." He repeats.

"Shut up, Derek. She killed those people and you know it!" Elle growls.

"Agent Greenaway, put the gun away." Hotchner orders as he walks down the steps and sees the scene in front of him.

"That's an order." He adds when she clenches her jaw, not wanting to give in.

She slowly lowers the gun and I quirk a brow at how much hate she has in her eyes. She clearly doesn't like or trust me, not that I blame her. I wouldn't trust me either if I were in her position.

"I'm surprised you made it on time, Volkova." Hotchner says my last name and it sounds so, formal coming from his lips.

"Hotch, wanna tell us what the hell is going on?" Derek asks thoroughly confused.

"Volkova has been assigned here, per mine and Gideon's request." Hotchner explains and everyone looks at him dumbfounded.

"Hotch, she killed those people! She went to prison!" Elle growls.

"All of those charges have been dropped. Her alibis checked out." Hotchner lies to the group.

I think back to New York and when I formally met Hotchner. I was talking with detective Stabler when Benson entered the room.

"Where did you get the scar on your side?" She asks making me furrow my brows, wondering why she would be asking about it.

"Oh, that. It's dumb really, I went to one of those places where you can take pictures with tigers. I didn't know what they actually did to the animals in order for people to take pictures with them. If I had known I never would've gone. Anyway, guess the tiger I was taking a picture with wasn't as drugged as they thought. When I got up to walk away, it swiped at me, got me pretty good." I lie convincingly.

"It must've hurt." Benson states and I nod.

"Not gonna lie, wasn't fun." I chuckle.

"And you're sure that it happened at the place where you got the pictures taken?" She asks and I find myself confused as to why she's questioning my story.