Shirt

I wake up from a strange dream about being able to breath underwater and talking to ocean life. I rub my eyes and groan, happy that it wasn't as strange as the dream I had the other night about being forced to watch a couple fuck in their bedroom.

I've been having these strange dreams ever since the fire and I can't make them stop. I don't see people's faces in the dream, but I can hear their voices and they feel so real, even though they're impossible.

There was even a dream where I tackled a dog the size of a rhino in some woods. It had glaring red eyes and growled but ran off. I can't remember why I did it, but it felt real, and I woke up feeling sore and exhausted as if I had actually tackled the beast.

I get up and take a cold shower because part of last night's dream was extremely hot and heavy. I fucked some guy underwater and it was the best sex I can ever remember. It keeps replaying in my head and I just want it to be real.

Afterwards I get dressed in some red pants and a black shirt. I get to work only to see it crowded outside. There's paparazzi and other news outlets roaming around and I have no idea what's going on. I head inside and start going towards the elevator with the coffee Ellison requested from one of the shops down the street.

"Hold the elevator." I hear a deep voice state and I roll my eyes and click the button to keep the doors open.

"You're gonna have to get-." The man starts telling me.

"She's fine." A different man counters as he gets in the elevator.

The two men are wearing sunglasses and an earpiece. One has short blond hair and a square jaw, the other has short dark hair with a more oval face. Two more men pack in and I furrow my brows at the guy who is holding the button for the doors to stay open. I hear reporters shouting questions outside, it gets louder and then muffled again. I hear more footsteps coming our way and I can't help but think if many more men get in, I'm gonna be crushed against the wall.

"The eagle has landed." One of the men says in his earpiece and I quirk a brow.

One extra man walks in and I stare in a daze at what I'm seeing. It's the fucking President of the United States.

The secret service agent closes the door and I just stand there, trying to go unnoticed. Unfortunately the President turns his head and he furrows his brows and blinks a few times. The doors open and he's escorted out of the elevator.

"This your stop?" One of the service agents ask and I just nod my head and he waits for me to exit before he exits behind me.

My phone goes off and I see that it's Ellison asking where his coffee is. I realize I'm now running late because I had to wait.

"Men, could you give us-." The President starts asking but my phone goes off.

"Yes, I'm on my way. Yes, I got the right creamer." I tell Ellison over the phone and then hang up.

"Sorry, I have to get my boss his coffee." I say to the men and hurry off, feeling really odd about the whole situation.

The President looked at me as if he recognized me and I can't figure out why he would recognize me. I start trying to go through the memories of my coworkers, trying to figure out if we ever had a case that involved The President before.

I get to the sound room and give Ellison his coffee and he furrows his brows at me.

"Everything alright? You look like you've seen a ghost?" He asks.

"Uh, you could've mentioned that The President was coming in today." I mutter.

"He's here already? That's great." Ellison states excited and I just blink.