Cops

The police arrive and I'm put in handcuffs even though I try to say that I had nothing to do with the explosion. That I was at the wrong place at the wrong time. But I also forgot my badge in my motorcycle that was at the abandoned factory so I could show proof of ID and therefore was arrested for driving without a license in a vehicle that didn't belong to me.

I'm put into the back of a cop car with a couple of police officers who are confident that I am somehow involved with the explosion.

"You know what I think? I think you wanted to get caught." The female states.

"Yeah, I think you're just that pathetic and hoped that the bomb would either take you out, or that we would do it for you." She continues and I just lean my head against the seat and pass out cold from pure exhaustion.

—————

I'm brought to a precinct and put in an interrogation room. There's nothing special about it or the people. Nothing stands out. One of the cops comes into the room and starts asking me questions.

"I don't know what happened. Honestly. I was just parked in the alley, trying to catch a bit of shut eye." I explain.

"In a stolen car?" He asks and I shrug.

"Technically it was abandoned." I corrects him with a scoff.

"Then what?" He asks.

"Felt a rumble of some sort, shot out of the car and made a run for it when I felt the heat getting closer." I explain and he looks as if he actually wants to believe me.

"You didn't see anyone?" He questions and I shake my head.

"I think I was half asleep." I answer.

"The CTV cameras on that street weren't working, so we have no way to corroborate any of this." He explains, but I just shrug.

"Not my problem." I answer.

"You know I'm gonna have to take you in for driving without a license, right?" He asks and I nod.

"Just figured I could get some actual food before hand." I shrug and he actually scoffs.

"Yeah, I guess we can do that." I cave and buy her a meal.

"So, what now?" I ask with a laid back tone after finishing the food.

"A name would be nice for starters." He offers and I can't help but scoff.

"That's not happening." I state and he furrows his brows.

"And why's that?" He asks, but before I can say anything there's a knock on the door.

He grits his teeth and makes his way over.

"What?" He growls at the other person.

"There's a-who's this?" The other guy asks but stops when he sees me.

"Don't know, won't tell me her name. What is it?" He asks with his arms crossed.

"There's an FBI agent here to talk to you." He finishes his first thought.

"I'm a bit busy, asking this one about the explosion down the road." He tells him.

"Oh, didn't you hear? It was a gas leak." He states and the I shrug when they both look over at me.

"Still stole a car and was driving without a drivers license."

"My bike broke down." I explain the truth.

"Wait, motorcycle? By an abandoned warehouse?" The second guy asks and I nod.

"Shit, I think I know why the FBI wants to talk now." He scoffs and the other guy furrows his brows and looks at me while I clench my jaw.