Note

Hotch's POV:
I have Garcia set up a blog and start writing about how she's a 12 year old girl who's uncle abuses her. We set it up so that it leads to a house that I'll be waiting in.

"You sure this'll work?" Morgan asks.

"We'll see. We have one shot at this." I huff.

"I know. Which means that we need everything to be perfect, if this guy thinks it's fake or a set up, he's out in the wind." Morgan says and I nod my head.

Tiffany told us that she didn't exactly know how the killer verified her claim. So we set up some photos under a bed similar to what Tiffany's stepfather had, except these ones are fake. We also have a secret diary of my character's...fantasies.

We were going to have cameras all around the house but figured that would be a dead give away. I just promised the others that I would stay in the living room where there's easy access from all points in the house.

Garcia gets a message like a lot of the other kids did and she explains the situation. We made a fake police report and everything to convince the killer that this is the last resort for the twelve year old. That's what seems to be what seals the deal. If everything else failed in the kid's life, CPS, teachers, social workers, the justice system, then the hitman seems to step in.

Garcia sets it up and gives them my fake name and fake phone number. I leave the house and pretend to go off to work while the team tries to keep eyes on the house to see if anyone goes inside.

—————

They don't end up seeing anyone head to the house and I go back after I'm done with 'work'. I get a call from Elle and she can't help but speak out about her reservations on if this will work.

Before I can respond I feel something wrap around my neck and I'm forced to drop the phone. I try to get to the phone but I'm pulled back into the chair. I struggle to get free but I can tell their goal isn't to kill me. Something deep inside me knows that if they wanted me dead, I would be dead. No, this is a warning of some sort.

Suddenly the grip around my neck is gone and Morgan and the others rush into the house. I cough as I try to get my breath back. The others go off into the house to search for the assailant and I see something on my phone pop up. I look at the phone and see a message.

You're lucky I don't kill good cops, Aaron.

I furrow my brows at the message and hide it when the others come back into the living room empty handed.

"It's like he vanished into thin air." Morgan huffs.

"He knew who I was." I say and show them the text message.

"Get this to Garcia maybe she can track-." Elle says, but I shake my head.

"She won't be able to. Whoever sent this knows how to cover their tracks." I huff, finally properly getting air into my lungs again.

"If he knew who you were, why did he bother to attack you?" Gideon asks.

"To send a message." Reid states.

"And that would be?" Elle asks.

"Don't test me." I state as I rub my sore neck.

"And that he can get to you even when you're being protected." Morgan adds.

"You think we're in danger, that we should call it in?" Elle asks.