Minimal Loss

"Come on just let me-." I start pleading and Hotch glares at me.

"It's just a check up. They don't mind, right?" I ask Emily and Reid.

"The answer is no!" Hotch orders.

"Come on! The doc said I was cleared for duty!" I whine.

"You refuse to see a psychiatrist. I can't clear you until you do that." He scolds.

"You know what they'll say-." I start arguing.

"That you need to take some time for yourself, I agree!" He scoffs.

"I took time!" I groan.

"Two weeks isn't long enough." He argues and I narrow my eyes.

"You got blown up too." I point out as I cross my arms.

"And I got the clear, from both doctors." He says and I roll my eyes.

"Yeah, I know. You basically lied to the physical doctor and said that you would, what was it again? 'Take it easy and limit your role in the field?' Yeah and then you went to dig up a grave and almost had an aneurism." I scoff remembering Derek telling me about that.

"The answer is no." He states and walks off.

————

I sneak into the car with Reid and Emily. They go to the social service place and the lady screams when she finds me in the back seat.

"What? What is it?" Emily says as she runs over with her gun ready.

"Sup." I say and Emily sighs and puts her gun away.

"Nancy, this is Danika." She introduces us.

"I thought Hotch said-." She starts saying.

"Hotch is a hypocrite. He hasn't let me out of the office in weeks. I need something to do. Even if it's a boring check up." I mutter and Emily shakes her head.

"Should I call Hotch?" Reid asks.

"No, we'll deal with the complaint at the ranch and then get her back before he knows she's even gone." Emily says and I smirk.

"Sweet, so how are we gonna do this?" I ask.

————

We get to the ranch and see a guy sitting by the steps. He has a blue plaid shirt on and a mustache and beard along with a goatee. If he wasn't a lunatic he'd actually be quite handsome.

"We're looking for Benjamin Cyrus." Nancy announces as we get out of the car.

"You found him." He responds and stands up and looks at the four of us.

"I'm Nancy Lund. We spoke on the phone about the alligations." Nancy introduces herself.

"Emily Prentiss, Spencer Reid. They're child victim interview experts." Nancy explains.

"How far from God's word we must have strayed for there to be the need to invent a job called; child victim interview experts." Cyrus says and then looks over at me.

"You have a name?" He asks with a head tilt.

"Sorry, this is Danika. She's in training." Nancy introduces me and he seems to believe her.

"That's a unique name." Cyrus comments and I just nod.

"The children are in the school as I indicated." Cyrus points us towards the building.