Charlie

"What the hell happened?" Hotch asks as he closes his office door and pulls down the shades.

"Wh-."

"Don't give me that crap." He warns.

"You said you had the shot. Why didn't you take it?" He asks with his hands on his hip.

"I was wrong. It wasn't our guy." I shrug, knowing that it was, but I wasn't going to shoot my own boyfriend.

"Wasn't the guy?" He asks.

"Probably some lowlife who had meth on him or something." I shrug and Hotch stares at me in disbelief.

"You're the one who came up with the profile! And now you're telling me it was wrong?" He asks.

"No. The profile was right, the guy I saw wasn't. He was in the wrong place at the wrong time." I say and Hotch thinks it over.

"You're positive?" He asks and I nod.

"Alright." He sighs and sits back in his desk.

There's a knock on the door and Hotch tells them to enter as I plop down on my back onto the couch.

"There's someone here, wanting to confess." Derek states hesitantly and Hotch and I both stand up.

"Who?" I ask.

"He's in one of the interrogation rooms." Derek says and we head down.

I look and see Charlie sitting there patiently. I roll my eyes and enter the room. Charlie smiles and I just cross my arms.

"Do you two know each other?" Hotch asks looking between us.

"I'm Charlie, her boyfriend." Charlie introduces himself, but can't shake Hotch's hand since his wrists are cuffed to the table.

Hotch looks over at me with a quirked brow, waiting for me to explain. I close my eyes trying to figure out how to smooth this over, without Charlie being arrested.

"Why are you here?" I ask.

"Well, you see, I came to apologize, but they wouldn't let me up here to see you-."

"So you confessed to a crime?" I scoff and he shrugs as if it's no big deal.

"I tried calling you, but you weren't answering. I thought you were mad at me." Charlie explains and I sigh.

"Can you give us a minute?" I ask Hotch who nods and leaves the room, making sure there's no camera or microphone on.

"What the hell were you thinking coming here? I told you, these people read other people for a living!" I growl.

"I thought I could help clear things up." He offers.

"About what?" I ask.

"The case." He says and I narrow my eyes.

"What the hell do you know about our case?" I ask.

"A lot actually." He confesses and I sigh and rub my dance with my hands.

"We had a deal when you came back!" I remind him.

"Stay out of each other's businesses. I know, but your kinda bled into mine." He states.

"How much?" I ask.

"Well, the guy I was hired to ya know-." He says and makes the killing motion over his neck.

"Was the guy you were hunting down." He says and I roll my eyes.

"You've got to be kidding me!" I growl.

"But, wait. I haven't done it yet." He assures me and I sigh relieved.

I let Hot h back into the room and he undoes Charlie's cuffs. He stands next to me as Charlie gets up from his chair and outstretched his hand. Hotch quirks a brow and Charlie puts his hand back at his side.