Book

"What's the case?" I ask as I plop down at my desk.

"Probie wrote a book on us." Tony says and tosses a book my way and I catch it.

"I already told you! It's not about you guys!" Probie whines.

"We'll let Dani be the judge of that. Go ahead open to any part and read." Tony scoffs and I quirk a brow but do as he says and pick a page in the middle.

"I think back to when I first met Agent Dana. She walked into the office, blonde hair flowing behind her. Her dark green cargo pants were loose on her waist, yet secured with a belt that met her black t-shirt. Her strut was telling the room that she knew everything about everyone. Their weaknesses, secrets and dreams. I was awestruck at the look in her eyes, determined and hard, but once they went to Tommy, they showed a glint of deviousness. Only for Agent Higgs to interrupt-." I start reading out loud and I quirk a brow Probie's way.

"Really!" I scoff.

"It's not about you-."

"Doesn't matter who or who it isn't about. What matters is that someone is killing people and staging them to look like characters from in the book." Gibbs interrupts.

"How many?" I ask.

"So far, someone who was dressed up like Tommy and Lisa were found holding hands in the park." Gibbs says and shows me the picture and I quirk a brow and look and Tony and Ziva.

"I definitely see what you mean." I mutter and Probie huffs.

"There was a note?" I ask.

"Yeah, Palmer looks to be next." Tony says and shows the note.

"The next person will be found with round glasses, laying among the dead." Tony reads out loud.

"Lovely." I mutter.

"I'm headed to meet with his editor, see if he has any crazy fans." Gibbs says and motions for me to follow.

I huff and follow him into the elevator.

"Sleeping better?" He asks and I side eye him.

"Yeah..." I say suspiciously.

"Good." Is all he says and then steps out of the elevator once it reaches its destination.

We head to the building where the editor works and I read some of the book and notice that a lot of the characters I can pick out to who they are like.

We head inside and a lady behind a desk is sitting there.

"You must be agent Gibbs. We talked on the phone." She says and he nods.

"And you are...Dana." She says and I narrow my eyes.

"Dani." I correct her.

"Isn't that what I said?" She asks and I roll my eyes.

"Here are the letters from fans, there are a few...um, exuberant ones in there. There is also a webpage dedicated to the book. I have to say, Special Agent Dana is a fan favorite. They love the mystery behind her. Not knowing where she came from exactly or who her family is. Riveting stuff." The editor says.

"If that's all-." I mutter.

"Actually, have you ever read the book called Supernatural, by Edlund Carver?" She asks and I shake my head.

"Some fans have pointed out that Dana reminds them of the character Daniella. And rumor has it, Dana has a tattoo resembling the tattoo the brothers have. Little Easter egg." She explains and gives me a stack of books from her shelf.