Smile

Patrick's POV:
I lean in after Bosco motions for me to come closer as he lies in the hospital bed.

"She said something before she shot me." He admits and I furrow my brows.

"She said that he left a message for you at your house." He says about Red John and then he takes his last breath.

Before I can figure out where I'm going, I'm booking it out of the room, out of the hospital and to my car. Lisbon isn't even fast enough to catch up with me.

I get to my house that I don't live in anymore. I go up the stairs and I know where he meant. I make my way towards the door I went through years before. I open it, seeing the dried smiley face on the wall and then Danika laying under it. My heart is racing in my chest as I try to find any signs of life before I reach her. There's no blood on her, no apparent slash or stab wounds.

I rush over and at about to get my phone out to call police but hear her groan and watch as she moves her head a bit. She starts coughing as if she inhaled a lot of smoke recently. Then something hits me, these aren't her clothes. She's wearing a button down shirt of mine with a pair of boxers. Her hair has been recently washed and dried but I still smell a hint of smoke.

She tilts her head to the side and something on the side of her neck catches my eye. It's a burn mark, but it's strange, it's in a shape of sorts. It's...it's Red John's signature.

She coughs a few more times and starts opening her eyes and I get her some water. I help her sit up against the wall as she takes the glass in her hand.

"What the hell happened?" She groans after taking a sip of water.

"Red John." Is all I say and she huffs and looks around the room.

She seems to recognize where she is. I took her here once before, it wasn't easy. I don't let many people come here, it feels private. But she wanted to help me with Red John and I thought I owed her this much.

"The last thing I remember was smoke." She says.

"Where?" I ask.

"My apartment." She answers and now I'm confused.

"He was in your apartment?" I ask but she shakes her head.

"No, I was asleep. I woke up feeling really hot and realized my room was on fire. There was so much smoke. I couldn't get to the door." She starts recounting.

"I never made it to the window." She finishes looking confused.

Dee's POV:
After I stay for the day and convince Patrick not to tell anyone about Red John saving me from the fire, I get dressed and head out. I get back to Keating's place and enter the house.

"Where the hell have you been?" Keating asks as she turns the corner and sees me.

"Stayed at a friend's place for a couple of days. My apartment complex burned down." I state.

"I heard." She states.

"Right, yeah, my phone was kind of in there..." I say, realizing she was trying to get a hold of me.

"And your friend didn't have a phone?" Keating asks.

"Well, I mean, yes, but..."

"You know what, it doesn't matter. Because from now on, you're on house arrest." She says and I can't help but scoff.

"Kind of hard to do when you no longer have a home." I argue.

"You'll be staying here." She says.

"Says who?" I ask.