Smoke

Hotch's POV:
I get to work and huff when I see that Danika's desk is still empty. It's been almost a week and I've heard nothing about where she could possibly be.

"There's wildfires in LA." Garcia offers.

"Although, I don't know why she would set part of a state in fire..." She adds.

"Wouldn't put it past her." I mutter as I look through the news stories.

"She put her paper dicks on the back of my suit collar for a week and no one told me. All for her own amusement. Burning down a state would be hilarious to her." I huff and shake my head.

"To be fair, I thought they were caterpillars with hairy wings..." Gracia says and I glance up at her.

"I just wanted to see how many different suits you owned." Morgan says as he walks past and I roll my eyes.

Ellison's POV:
I find the street the man on the line said and see Ira sitting on a bench next to a burly looking man in a biker's jacket. Her head is slumped on his shoulder and I sigh.

"Thank you for calling." I say and he helps stand her up and I put her arm around my shoulder.

"No problem. She insisted I not take her off this street." The man chuckles.

"I think I drank too much." She mutters.

"Just a little." I chuckle.

"I got kissed and freaked out." She mumbles.

"Who kissed you?" I ask, sounding a bit stressed.

"Hannah." She slurs with a small smile and I can't help but smirk.

"She got me to sing karaoke...I think someone taped it." She continues.

"What did you sing?" I ask, trying to keep her awake.

"Salute. It's a girl empowerment song." She slurs.

"And the biker guy...he...I'm mad at him, but not. He lied to me when he said he wasn't watching me. But I'm not mad he was watching me. But I don't know what I'm doing. I can't even make good coffee. I'm the worst assistant in the world. I hate waiting on other people. I'm such a failure."

"No, no. Hey, hey. It's okay, come here. You're not a failure. I promise you, you're not a failure." I assure her

"I think Red John marked me on my neck." She mutters.

I push away some of her hair and look and see a small smiley face burned into her skin on her neck. My blood runs cold and I realize why she stopped the interview, not just to save that woman's life, but to keep the killer from finding her too.

"I won't say a word to anyone. I've got you." I whisper a promise I intend to keep and she puts her face in my shirt and I just hold her head as the elevator doors close.

I walk her down the hall and get her to my room. I get her on the couch and she sits down and I get her some food to eat, to help with the alcohol. I also get her go drink plenty of water.

"Mitch is a bastard." She mumbles as she starts taking her jacket off. I'm

"Why do you say that?" I ask and take her jacket.

"He got Mia so messed up she can't come to terms with what he did." She mutters and starts taking her jeans off.

"How about we keep the clothes on." I offer but she shakes her head.

"Too tight." She complains and I sigh ash she gets her shirt off.

I get up and go in my closet and get a button down shirt of mine. It'll cover her enough and be loose.