Crash

Hotch's POV:
I get Danika to her apartment after getting her checked out of the hospital. The doctor said that she'll probably have some hearing issues for a few days because of the explosions.

They didn't say anything to me about trauma from rape, so I figure that Danika didn't tell them about it. I know she needs to talk to someone about it, but I also know even bringing up the subject could make things a whole lot worse.

"Are you gonna just stare at me or are you gonna sit down?" She mutters and I snap out of my thoughts and realize she moved to the couch.

"Do you want anything to drink? I can get you some water-." I start offering and she glares at me.

"Spit it out." She orders and I compose myself.

"I think you should talk to someone about what happened at the ranch." I state and she quirks a brow.

"There's nothing to talk about. They're dead, the building exploded, end of story." She mutters.

"And what happened in between?" I ask as I go and sit down in one of the chairs.

She huffs and folds her hands in her lap and looks at the carpet in thought. I just sit there in silence, allowing her to take her time.

"He attacked me. I survived. Nothing I hadn't handled before." She shrugs, as if it's that simple, I sigh and rub my brow.

"Danika, if you don't want to talk to me about it, that's fine. But I heard what happened. You need to talk to someone about it." I huff.

"Like I said, I handled it. It's not like I hadn't dealt with it before, this time it just didn't have electrocution involved." She says as if she's talking about the plot to a movie.

"That wasn't the same thing. He didn't rape you-."

"Right because in order to be raped you have to be penetrated. Oh wait, I was, with electricity." She scoffs and I gulp, never even having thought about it like that.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean...I just want to make sure you get the help you need. I don't want you to feel alone." I say, trying to backtrack and take the foot out of my own mouth.

"It's fine." She tries to assure me.

"No, it's not. None of this is fine! So stop acting like it is!" I say getting upset that she doesn't seem bothered by any of this.

Nothing seems to bother her. No matter what she goes through, whether it's getting kidnapped by a sociopath and forced to torture and kill someone, or kidnapped by a guy who thinks he's an arch angel and getting drugged and branded. None of it seems to get to her and I don't understand how it's possible.

"What do you want me to say, Hotch? What do you want from me?!" She shouts back and stretches her arms out.

"I want you to admit that it happen and that it affected you! I don't want you sitting here, pretending like everything's going to go back to normal-."

"Normal? What the fuck is normal anymore Hotch? You wanna know what my normal is?! My normal is getting shot, stabbed, kidnapped, and blown up! That's my normal now, thanks to you! All because you and your buddy Gideon couldn't let me walk or sit in a jail cell!" She shouts, getting up from the couch and I just sit there in shock that she's trying to blame this on us.

"Fuck..." She huffs and sits back down, obviously feeling lightheaded.

I get up and get a glass of water and hand it to her and then sit back down in my seat, waiting for her to say something. She takes a small sip and then puts the glass on a coaster, then folds her hands in her lap once more.