Chicago

I get off the train and walk a few blocks. I find myself in a long dark alley, exactly the place I need. The fighting didn't clear my head like it usually does. I haven't had to fight in over a week, but the nightmares and dreams came back.

I can't close my eyes without hearing his voice feeling it against my back, or his intoxicating smell. I hate that all I want is to go back, back to where is was so much simpler. When I didn't have to do anything, it was all done for me.

At first I fought it, damn did I fight him. I couldn't stand having someone having power over me, someone controlling everything about me. It wasn't until the last week or so that I finally gave in fully. That I finally was able to put my trust in him.

I hate that I let my guard down, I never let my guard down. He somehow made me put my guard down, he made me trust him. And I hate him for it. But I crave it oh so much.

I keep walking in the dark alley, pretending I'm blind again.

"You shouldn't be out here all alone!" I hear someone warn from behind me.

"Yeah, something bad could happen to you." Another person says in front of me.

"Ever wonder if maybe you're the ones who shouldn't be here?" I ask and they sneer at me.

"A tough one, I like it." The one from behind me chuckles.

"Much more fun." The one in front laughs.

"Both stupid, both predictable." I mutter and keep walking only for them to get in my way.

"Where you going, girl?" The guy asks.

"Where you off to so fast?" The other chimes in and I roll my eyes.

"Come on, let's have some fun." The first one continues as he tries to grab me.

"First mistake." I say.

"Is that right-." He starts saying and I knew him in the stomach then in the face.

He crumples to the ground in pain and the other one tries to grab me from behind. I yank his arm so hard It dislocates out of his shoulder, then I snap it backwards, hearing the bone crack and he too is on the ground in agony.

I walk off unbothered and find my way out of the alley onto a new street. It happens again, but this time I snap the guy's neck, not able to keep my temper in check.

I get to a roof after finishing half a bottle of vodka and fall asleep, trying to get my mind off of things. I hear the voices of the victims who were tortured by the government.

I wake up in a puddle of sweat, hearing Jett's voice in my ear. Smelling his scent, feeling his heartbeat against my back. He's reading me a story, the one with the pirates.

I gulp as I sit up and rub my face with my hands. I keep telling myself that I'm awake, that it was just a dream, or, perhaps a memory. I'm shaking and covering my ears from the loudness of the city.

The cars honking, the subways and trains on the tracks. The people getting up and ready for work. Police sirens, gun shots, shouting. It's all so loud, I can't think, I can't move. All I can do is close my eyes, rock back and forth with my hands over my ears.

Suddenly I feel my body falling, distracting me from everything around me. My back hits something like garbage bags. I can feel something sharp in my arm. I groan as I get up and see a broken bottle ditching out of my shoulder.

"Fuck." I huff as I carefully yank it out and blood starts looking in my shirt.

I get up and and stumble a bit still drunk from the vodka. I lean against a wall and close my eyes as I take a few deep breaths.