Ahead

Gibb's POV:
"Do you really need her for this case?" Jenny asks me.

"We found the head of someone who's already been dead for over four months. Someone who was supposed to have been cremated." I scoff.

"I still don't see why you need her help." She counters with her arms crossed.

"Why are you fighting me on this?" I question, not understanding why she's saying no to having Dani on the case.

"Because you just had her help with one of your other cases recently. She has to work for the FBI as well." She scoffs.

"Trust me, she likes it here more." I mutter.

"Probably because you let her do whatever she wants without consequence. Which is why Agent Hotchner has requested for us not to ask for her for a bit. It seems he has to retrain her about not breaking laws or putting herself in unnecessary danger." She says and I clench my jaw.

"Fine, put it on you guys if we find out there's some sicko decapitating more heads." I huff and leave her office.

"So..." Tony asks and I glare at him.

"I'll take that as she said no."

"More like no way in hell." McGee mutters under his breaths

"All because she almost beheaded a homeless guy with a pirate sword?" Ziva asks.

Danika's POV:
"I still don't understand why this is necessary." I mutter as I sit on the couch in Hotch's office.

He took my gun and badge from me. I'm officially under his watch now.

"Because in the past month, you have woken up in the hospital blind, kidnapped and turned into a puppet, had your hand on top of an explosive inside a man, had a crazy fan kill for you and now got into a sword fight in the middle of the night on a pirate ship." He states all with a straight face.

"It was a marionette." I correct him about the puppet, but it doesn't seem to help.

"We've been through this dance before...you try to keep eyes on me at all times, I complain, you stand your ground. I complain some more and finally you give in-." I remind him.

"It's going to be different this time." He assures and I scoff.

"Yeah, right." I scoff.

"We're ready." JJ announces and Hotch nods and gets up from his chair.

I roll my eyes and follow in step towards the conference room. I plop down in my seat and can feel Hotch's eyes on me as the team looks through the file. I roll my eyes and open the file up and look at him.

"Happy?" I ask, but he doesn't respond.

Garcia starts explaining how victims were killed via chisels to the brain. There's not much forensics because they were found in the woods.

"The choice and placement of the chisel is very specific. Maybe the Unsub symbolically is distorting the thoughts or memories of the victims." Rossi offers and I lean back in my seat.

"Wish someone would do that to me." I mutter to myself and catch a small glare form Hotch out of the corner of my eye.

"It looks like they were facedown when the chisel went in. Remorse?" Derek adds and I zone out.

"Wheels up in thirty." I hear Hotch say and I feel him pulling me up from my seat by my arm.

"Can you at least to pretend to be listening?" He scolds.

"No, because then I might get myself in danger." I mock and he rolls his eyes.

We get to the jet and the team does their usual conversation about the victims. I hear something about a church where you change your name and become a different person.