NY

Hotch's POV:
I get to my office and am about to sit down but am interrupted when my phone goes off. I look at the caller ID and it's says that it's coming from New York.

"Hello, this is Hotchner." I answer.

"This is Captain Cragen from the NYPD Special Victims Unit. We found your number in the phone of a victim." He explains and I furrow my brows.

"Does she have a name?" I question, not knowing who he would be talking about.

"Actually, we can't figure that out. The only thing on her was the phone and the only number she had in it was yours. We're emailing you a picture of her." He explains and I go to my computer and open the email.

Looking at the photos I see an unconscious blonde girl laying in a hospital bed. She has a few bruises on her face along with a gash above her right eye and some scrape marks. She looks to be in her early 20's.

"I got it here. I'm sorry, I don't recognize her." I say confused.

"Maybe she got my work number from a card or something, I'm not sure." I offer.

"It wasn't your work number. It was this one. Your personal one." He states and I pause and realize I'm on my personal phone.

"Can I ask what she's a victim of?" I ask, hoping to get some more insight on the stranger.

"Officially, attempted rape and murder." He answers.

"And unofficially?" I ask knowing there's more to the story.

"She was running away from her attacker, ran out in traffic and a police cruiser hit her." He states hesitantly.

"Trying to keep the public aloof?" I chuckle knowing all too well.

"She had blood on her clothes that matched the DNA to a serial rapist and killer we've been trying to hunt down." He says and I go quiet and think.

"Wait, are you talking about the Triad Rapist?" I ask remembering hearing about the case a few months back.

Apparently multiple female victims were found dead in alleyways with three stab wounds on their body. One on their throat and a stab wound on each upper leg. Thus creating a triad of stab wounds on the victims. He's estimated to have raped and killed twelve women so far within a few months. The first few victims were prostitutes which is why the police didn't catch on earlier. The 5th victim was a niece of a Governor who was in town for the week.

It made the front page and the police found the other four victims with the same wounds in the data base. And thus was born the Triad Rapist.

"Wait, she had his blood on her?" I ask, trying to get it all down in a note book.

"Yeah, a lot of it too. We're trying to figure out where it happened, maybe even get lucky and catch the bastard." He explains.

"Would it be alright if my team came along? Helped out?" I ask wanting to get more information on the girl if possible.

"Honestly, with the city in panic like it is, more hands the better." He sighs, not sounding too excited.

"Alright, send me the files and my team and I will be on a jet shortly." I say and then hang up.

A few minutes later I get the files and have Garcia make copies. I get the rest of the team to the meeting room and give them the files and explain the situation.

"I still don't get why we're getting involved in this. If they had wanted our help they could've asked the first few victims." JJ States skeptically.

"I asked to join." I say and they all look at me.