New girl

"Sorry I'm late-wait, no I'm not." I scoff as I walk into the conference room.

The whole team looks over at me and I see the one brunette that was leaving Hotch's office a week ago. She stands up and stretches out her hand.

"Emily Prentiss." She says trying to introduce herself to me.

"The fuck is she? And why the fuck is she talking to me?" I ask as I look around the room.

"Oh, I'm sorry, I assumed they told you...I'm joining the team." She awkwardly apologizes and I chuckle, thinking this is a prank from Hotch finally getting back at me.

"Yeah, right. Seriously though, why is she here?" I scoff and look over at Hotch.

"I was going to tell you this morning. But you came in late, again." Hotch expalins with a glare and I realize this is my new reality.

"What's the case?" I ask, changing the subject.

Prentiss finally seems to get the hint that I'm not going to greet her and puts her hand down and sits back down in her chair. Hotch hands me a file and I take my seat and start going through it.

Emily Prentiss' POV:
We get on the jet and I can't help but be excited for my first job. But something in my mind quickly stops my excitement when I remember the girl who I tried to introduce myself to.

"Hey, what do you know about that girl Danika?" I ask Agent Gideon and he looks up from the file.

"I think we have more important things to attend to, wouldn't you agree?" He asks in a sour tone.

I gulp and nod my head, figuring I overstepped my bounds. I usually don't question people, but this girl's attitude struck me as odd. Especially for an FBI agent.

I would never dream of getting to work that late and then not apologizing for my tardiness. And the way she disrespects everyone is just terrible. I can't believe how she could get away with talking to her boss like she did.

"Don't feel too bad. Danika's not really a people person." The skinny kid says as he sits down next to me.

"I gathered." I chuckle and he smiles a bit.

"Can I ask, how does she get away with it?" I question, but Reid just shrugs.

"She doesn't. Hotch always makes sure to keep a close eye on her." Reid assures me and I try to think about how that works.

Danika's POV:
Gideon, Reid, and the new girl go off to Guantanamo Bay to talk with the terrorist, while Hotch, Derek and I stay back to figure out what kind of bomb the DEA found.

"So, is this like a permanent thing?" I ask about Prentiss.

"We don't have time to talk about this. We have less than 48 hours to figure out where the target for the attack is." Hotch huffs as he gets out of the car.

"Stay here." He adds and Derek just shrugs at me and follows Hotch inside the house.

It's the house that the DEA found a bomb in. Hotch has tried to be more careful with putting me in dangerous situations. Ever since the Fisher King incident. He won't let me out of his sight if I'm out of the car.

I close my eyes and start remembering how we went to interview two people on death row. It was a couple, the husband killed over 10 girls and the wife confessed to murdering her own son. I end up nodding off.

After about a half hour I wake up to Hotch and Derek getting back into the car. The car starts up and Hotch gets a call from JJ. She gives us an address where another bomb might be located and Hotch says he'll notify the DEA.