Puppet

"You okay, babe?" Charlie asks as I wake up.

"Yeah why?" I ask.

"You were screaming." He answers and I realize he's the one who woke me up.

I huff and rub my eyes. I haven't had a nightmare in over a week, I thought I was done with it.

"Just a bad dream." I shrug but he doesn't look convinced.

"What?" I ask.

"Who's Jett?" He asks and I try my best not to react.

"I don't know. Why?" I ask.

"You were repeating Jett Jett Jett, in your sleep." He explains.

"Oh, that. I was probably having a dream that we were at the Jets game." I lie convincingly and he smiles, showing his dimples.

"They win?" He asks

"I don't know, think you woke me up." I chuckle and he pouts.

"Sorry." He states playfully.

My phone goes off and I huff knowing it's work. I get up out of bed and take a shower and get ready.

"You sure you have to go?" Charlie asks as he sits up in bed.

"Some of us can't be our own boss." I remind him and he smirks.

"But some of us do get pretty great girlfriends." He smiles and I roll my eyes.

"Kick ass today babe. Oh and don't forget we have dinner reservations." He says and I stare at him.

"You didn't." I say.

"Come on, I've been back a month now. We should have a proper date." He scolds and I roll my eyes

"Fine, I'll see what I can do." I give in and he claps his hands.

"Thank you. Love you!"

"That's on you!" I retort my line as I walk out the door and hear him chuckle.

I get to the BAU to see that there already in the middle of the conference.

"Is everyone just coming in late today?" Garcia scolds and I furrow my brows.

"I'm not late. I saw Hotch walk in here two seconds before me!" I say and Hotch gives me the side eye and I grin.

"Here we go." Rossi mutters and Derek chuckles.

"Oh my gosh! I can't believe I survived to see the day that SSA Aaron Stephen Hotchner was late to a meeting. I'm just so honored to be here and witness this today. I'd like to say a special thanks to-." I start saying and Hotch yanks me down in my seat and gives me a glare.

Derek is cracking up and Rossi is shaking his head, Reid is chuckling while JJ is trying to muffle her laughter. Garcia is beat red from embarrassment for pointing it out in the first place. Leaving Blake looking around confused as to what's going on.

"The case." Hotch gets us back on track.

I listen to the aspects of the crime. Guy was found in a wooden box left on the street. His hair used to be blonde but was dyed black.

"He had also been hung and restrained and that's where the plot thickens like bad soup." Garcia says.

I get a flash of being strung up by my wrists, in that dark dingy room where I was questioned. I blink a few times, getting the images out of my mind, while Garcia continues with two more possible victims who went missing near where the first victim was abducted.

"Two people. It's hard enough to kidnap one without anyone seeing. But two...that guy can't be his first victim." I say and shake my head.

"Well, this morning Justin's body was found. Similar to the first victim." She explains.