Red

Patrick's POV:
I get to the crime scene with Lisbon and Cho fills us in.

"The victim's name is Emma Plaskett, 19, local girl. First responder knew her from high school. Lives at home with her parents, had an older brother and a twin sister, Maya who went missing at the same time. Their car was found abandoned last night on the roadside ten miles north of here."

"Who's coordinating the local search?" Lisbon asks.

"Sheriff Hardy here is in charge." Cho says and Lisbon introduces us while I go and look at the body.

"Lisbon!" I say when I see that cut marks on the victim, as well as her toes painted with her own blood.

"Oh, damn."

"Yeah." I say.

"It's a coincidence."

"That's what I said." Cho agrees.

"No. No such thing as a coincidence, not with him." I say as I get my phone out.

"Who are you calling?" Lisbon asks.

"Danika, I promised I'd keep her in the loop." I say as I listen.

"The person you're trying to reach is out of service." The computer automated voice states and my heart starts beating hard in my chest.

"What is it?" Lisbon calls after me as I run towards my car.

"Her phone's been turned off." I say almost out of breath.

"Jane, she could have-."

"She never turns her phone off!" I shout and she takes a step back.

"He has her." I say feeling it in my bones.

"You don't know that, how about I call her boss and we can figure this out?" Lisbon offers calmly and I nod, but I already know the truth.

I watch in the sky as Red John's smiley face is carved with a plane. It's official, this is him and he has Danika. He wouldn't go to these extremes unless he wanted me panicked, and one of the only ways to get me panicked is if he takes another person that I care about, away.

"I'll call Hotch." She says and gets on the phone.

—————

We head to the family's house after Hotch tells Lisbon that Danika seems to indeed be missing. His team is investigating her and we're investigating the twins.

I want to be over there, trying to help to find her but Lisbon says if Red John did take her, that investigating the twins is a good way to find her. All I can think about is finding her like all the other victims. I can't lose her, I just can't.

Hotch's POV:
I go with Morgan to Danika's place, we look around but don't find any indication that there was a a struggle or forced entry. But her gun and badge are sitting on her table along with her phone that's turned off. We clear the place and I huff trying to find out what could've possibly happened.

"Garcia called. Her phone was turned off around 12 two nights ago." Morgan tells me.

"This is officially a crime scene. Have the officers tape it off." I order and leave, trying to wrap my head around this.

"I don't get it, why go out of his way to get her? It's across the country." Morgan adds as he steps outside.

"I don't know, to mess with Jane." I shrug.