Fridge

I sigh as Booth and Bones drives up to the house as I sit on my motorcycle. I've been coming by here for the last few days, watching the couple across the street. Booth gets out of the car and notices me right away.

I wasn't counting on them being on the case. I was assuming it was going to be some old timers who were on the verge of retirement, or newbies trying to make their bones within their department.

Booth makes his way over to me while Bones stays by the car, waiting for him.

"Strange place to meet again." Booth states, recognizing me from the woods but I don't say anything.

"What are you doing here?" He asks.

"Enjoying the view." I shrug and he scoffs.

"You made the police call, didn't you?" Booth asks about the call about the fridge.

"And if I did?" I ask.

"I'm guessing you wanted to make sure it was being taken seriously." He guesses correctly.

"That a crime?" I question.

"You make a habit of stuff like this?" He asks and I shake my head.

"Wrong place, right time." I shrug and he nods his head.

"Come in with us." He offers and I quirk a brow.

"Uh, I don't think that's ethical." I scoff.

"We're just there to ask a few questions. I mean, you must be curious to know if they know anything."

"They killed her, stuffed her in their fridge and left her to be picked up by the trash guy." I state and he furrows his brows.

"And you know this how?" He asks but I just shrug.

"Come on." He says and nods towards the house.

————

"I'd like to call Agent Volkov up to the stand." The defense attorney states.

I'm not used to being called to talk in front of a judge and a jury in a court room. Our attorney tried to talk me through how it was going to work but I bailed halfway through when I got too bored. They figured I wouldn't need to be called up to the stand anyway. Unfortunately they were wrong and here I am.

I get up and place my hand on the Bible, swear the path to tell the truth and then take my seat. I can tell that the jury is sizing me up, trying to decide whether they like me or not. The other lawyer is doing the same and figure out possible questions to ask me based off of what I'm asked now.

"Agent Volkov, what is it you do?"

"I am an FBI agent, I solve crimes." I answer with a shrug.

"I understand that you are in a separate division than agent Booth, can you tell us what devision you come from?"

"The BAU."

"What does that stand for?"

"Uh, Behavior Analysis Unit." I answer.

"How does that differ from the others?" They ask and I chuckle.

"Seriously?" I ask and they give me a look.

"Okay, geez...sorry. Other units look at different things about cases. We look at the behavior of suspects, victims, anyone related to the case. We often create a profile from the crime scene and victimology. We read people's body language, figure out their personality, stuff like that." I try to explain it in simple terms.