Pirate

"Damn, It's good to be back in the saddle." I sigh as I enter the bullpen and sit at my desk.

"You just finished a case with NCIS." Reid states confused.

"Yeah, but...I wasn't really on the case...got interrupted half way through." I mutter not bothering going into detail.

"By the way, I read those books, I do see a likeness between the female Characters Daniella, Dana, and you." Reid comments and I give him a glare.

"I don't wanna hear about those fucking books again." I mutter, hating that I have not only one author, but two, looking in on my personal life and writing about it.

"Hey, we were mentioned briefly." Garcia says excitedly, obviously have read the books as well.

Her character was named Penny, Derek was Rick, Reid was Riley, JJ was DJ, Rossi was Ross, Hotch was Fletcher, and Blake was Baker. They were introduced in Probie's book when Dana; aka, me, was taken by a sociopath, named Victor, who escaped prison.

"Got a body. Meet in the conference room." Hotch announces as he walks out of his office.

We all get up and head over, I take my seat and we all look at the screen.

"A man washed up on the beach this morning in Florida." JJ starts the slide show.

The picture shows a man soaked, laying on some seaweed on the beach. His eyes have been removed, and his skin is blue. There's blood covering his shirt, indicating a wound on the abdomen.

"Is that...a pirate costume?" Rossi asks as he looks at the outfit.

"There's a few gift shops and pirate tours around the area. Could be an employee." Reid states.

"Maybe came a party of some sort?" Blake offers another suggestion.

"We'll discuss it more on the plane. Wheels up in 30." Hotch orders and gets out of his seat as do the rest of them.

I'm stuck in place, my mind going over the stories Jett used to tell me. Stories about pirates, not just the ones in the fictional book he read to me.

He could paint such a good picture in my mind with his words, that it felt as if I were there myself. Feeling the salt from waves of the ocean against my skin. Smelling it just as strong. Hearing the birds in the air and the waves crashing against the rocks.

He had a gift with his words, one that could make me forget where I was, who I was or who I was with. In those moments, for some reason, I felt at home, at peace.

"Danika, you coming?" Hotch snaps me out of my mind.

"Yeah, sorry, spaced out." I mutter and get up and he waits by the door for me but doesn't seem too concerned.

————

We get to Florida and I can't help but be glad I brought a swim suit. People are surfing in the water, laying on the beach. Others are going on about their daily work lives and we're here, working a homicide that I don't feel the need to be working.

I don't know why the precinct asked us to help them, it's one body. Plus it's not too hard to figure out where the victim came from.

We go to a few tourist sites where they talk about pirates, we show the picture around to some workers but don't get any hits.

"I'll gonna head to the Museum of the Famous Pirates. Maybe they'll have a clue." I mutter to Hotch showing him the pamphlet.