Streets

"We got a body." Fin announces as he walks over.

"Talk to me." Cragen says as the group gathers around.

"A pro was found running for her life, she was crossing the street and unfortunately got hit by a taxi. She didn't make it." Fin starts explaining.

"Just because she's a working girl doesn't automatically make her our case." Olivia states.

"It does when she has clear signs of torture." Much says and shows us the autopsy photos.

"What is that?" Cragen asks as he points to the bottom of her feet.

"Glass." I say looking at the photo.

"Maybe some from the alley." Olivia shrugs.

"No, this is more than just a few broken bottles. They're different colors and everything. Someone made her walk on glass with bare feet." I counter pointing to the different colors.

"What are we looking at here?" Cragen asks.

"My guess, a sadist." I say from my best guess.

"So what? They target people off the street and torture them." Olivia asks.

"Low risk victims." I shrug.

"Well, we don't know if there's more." Cragen counters.

"Trust me, there's more. A killer like this doesn't just begin killing this way. They work up to it, figure out what gets them off and what doesn't." I explain my reasoning.

"Fine, we'll wait for the autopsy to get back to see what else they found. For now I want you, Stabler and Benson getting an ID." Cragen orders.

"Shouldn't this be handed off?" Olivia asks.

"Why? We got our very own FBI consultant." Cragen scoffs and walks away and I roll my eyes.

"You heard the captain." Elliot shrugs.

————

After we talk to a few people and finally get the name Freddie Hall, AKA Cindy Troboni, we notify the parents. Once that's done and we ask our questions we head back to the squad room.

"Danika I think there's someone you need to talk to." Cragen says and motions for me to go to his office.

I walk over and see a strawberry blonde haired guy sitting in the seat across from the desk. He stands up to shake my hand and I can already tell that he's a nervous type.

"This is Detective Cal McGee. He works for Manhattan PD." Cragen introduces us.

"Okay." I say and he finally pulls his hand back.

"I'm um...I'm in charge of the area that Freddie often worked." He starts saying and I furrow my brows.

"You're a pimp too?" I scoff and he chuckles nervously.

"No, actually, my boss put me in charge of keeping track of the people who live in that area." He explains.

He goes on in detail about how he's noticed over the past year more than 60 people have just disappeared. He explains that he keeps track of who lives around there on the streets every night by doing a head count.

Later I sneak out, change my clothes to blend in and head to the area he was talking about. I walk around looking for anything that sticks out or something that doesn't belong. I turn the corner just as a van pulls up. It's some type of service for people on the street. Then it clicks and I don't think twice before taking a ride.

Before the van is even turned on I'm knocked unconscious.

—————

I wake up with a headache and cold feet. I sit up and see that I'm in some room with no shoes on.