Theme

There's a knock on my door and I huff as I go and open it.

"What are you doing here?" I ask as Jett is standing there with a polite look on his face.

"I wanted to ask you if you were free tomorrow night-What happened to your arm?" He asks seeing the bandages and I glare at him.

"I'm busy." I say and try to close the door on him, but his foot gets in the way.

"With what?" He questions and I roll my eyes.

"Why do you want to know?" I huff and play along.

"I have a party I have to attend, usually I have my secretary come as my date, but she's in the hospital getting surgery on her foot." He explains and I just stare at him.

"So, naturally you thought of the girl you tortured, would be the next person you'd ask?" I scoff and he sighs.

"I don't get out much, I don't know many people who aren't..." He starts saying and I quirk a brow.

"Rich, Lords , Royal, senators, governors, other government officials-." I start listing off occupations.

"I was going to say snobbish." He counters and I actually smirk.

"Please, I'll make it worth your while." He offers and I quirk a brow.

"Yeah, how do you suppose you'll do that?" I scoff.

"For starters, I'll pay for everything." He starts out.

"Yeah, not good enough." I yawn.

"And, I won't make you dance or do anything you don't want to do, plus, you most likely won't know anyone there so you can be whoever you want to be. Also, it's a costume party, the theme is the early 1700's." He shrugs and it does sound tempting, pretending to be someone I'm not for a night, no one knowing who I am or what I do.

"Fine, on one condition." I say and he quirks a brow.

"And what's that?" He asks.

"We aren't going as some bullshit English townspeople or lords. We're going as Pirates." I say and he chuckles and nods.

"Deal." He agrees and we shake on it.

"We should probably try and find our costumes." He adds and I let him in.

We go on the computer and start looking up stores that sell pirate themed costumes. He sits next to me on the couch as we browse through different options.

"We're not having any of that bloody hook hand, bullshit." He scoffs when he sees a terrible costume idea.

"I'm not stupid." I scoff and he looks at me from the corner of his eyes.

"Just making sure." He chuckles and I roll my eyes.

"So, this was Gibbs' place." He states as he looks around.

"Yup." I say as I keep scrolling online.

"I can tell this isn't your taste." He chuckles.

"You don't even know my taste." I comment and he nods.

"I know it's not this." He counters and I smirk.

"Don't want to change anything, want to keep it as it was for when he comes back." I mumble as I click on an image.

"I thought he retired and moved to New Mexico." He counters.

"Gibbs isn't the kind of person who can retire." I state, not looking up from the screen.

"I suppose you know him better than I do. But everyone else seems to think it's permanent." He points out.

"They don't know him like I do." I mutter.