Tobias

Hotch's POV:
Over the next few days I call Danika to check in with her. Morgan went over to her apartment a few times to check in and he said that she seemed to be adjusting. Every time I talk with her she doesn't sound fearful or worried that Frank will come back for her.

I haven't slept well since that day, I keep having nightmares of Frank finding Danika and finishing the job. It leads me to my room where I find her post parts in my spot on the bed and then I usually finally wake up.

————

"Hey, the team's going to get some drinks, I was wondering if you wanted to join, my treat." I say over the phone.

"Yeah, sure. Sounds good." Danika says, sounding a bit better than last time.

"Do you need a ride?" I offer.

"Nah, I should be good." She says.

"Alright, I'll see you there, bye." I respond and she hangs up.

"Ready?" Haley asks as I grab the keys.

"Yup." I answer and grab my jacket.

We get to the pub and get a table and order drinks. I look over and see Morgan out on the dance floor with some girls and I can't help but chuckle. Prentiss walks over with our drink along with Garcia.

"Hey, Morgan, be careful. The one in the back could steal your wallet." Prentiss warns and I chuckle.

"That's alright, I'll be a broke happy man." Morgan shouts.

"Thank you." I say as she sets my drink down in front of me.

"Just what I like." I hear Danika say from behind me and grab my drink.

"Oh my god! How are you?!" Garcia shrieks and brings Danika into a hug.

It's rare for Danika to give out hugs, but Garcia's an exception.

"I'd be better if I wasn't spilling my drink." She chuckles and Garcia quickly pulls away.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry." She apologizes.

"It's good to see you." Prentiss says and I watch as Danika just quirks a brow.

"Hotch, what do I say about liars?" Danika asks, not even looking away from Prentiss.

"That they're only good for politics and suck ups." I respond and Danika smirks and takes a sip of my drink.

"This actually is pretty good." She says and places it back in front of me.

"I'll be back." Danika tells us and I nod.

Ever since the argument that Prentiss witnessed in the morgue, she's been on edge around Danika. Almost as if she's afraid to set her off in some way. Which in reality, is a possibility, but being hostile towards Danika is better than being fake kind.

"You must be Haley." Prentiss says to my wife.

I'm too busy watching Danika to hear the rest of the conversation between the three women. I tense up as I watch a guy go over to Danika at the bar. He's clearly hitting on her and I clench my jaw. I get up from my seat, ready to intervene, but pause when I feel a hand on my arm.

"You okay?" Haley asks.

"Yeah, I'll be right back. I told Danika that I'd pay for her drinks tonight." I explain and leave.