Funeral

Hotch's POV:
"I thought I told you to take it easy." I scold.

"Look, it was over a week ago, I'm fine. It was just some weird bug." Danika shrugs as she walks around in her apartment.

"One that put you on the hospital. Not to mention you drowned in a dirty old well." I remind her.

"Maybe that's what cleared it up." She offers and I chuckle.

"Yeah, water where multiple dead bodies were placed cleared up your illness." I scoff.

"All I know is I feel better. I'm not having those hallucinations of ghosts anymore and I don't jump out of my pants every time I hear a strange sound." She explains and I remember how jumpy she was.

"Fine, give it a few more days and then I'll sign the papers for you to come back." I say and head out after putting the groceries I brought for her away.

Danika's POV:
I huff as I plop down on the couch and turn the TV on. I flip through the channels, one is about a fire that was started at the Heathridge manor, where the mom was kept burried. Apparently her body was burnt to ash.

I continue through the channels but stop when my phone goes off and I see it's Gibbs.

"What?" I answer.

"You need to come down." He says and I furrow my brows.

"What for?" I ask.

"Dani, just come down." He says and his voice is off..

"Gibbs, what's going on? You're scaring me." I question and there's a pause.

"Kate's dead." He says and I don't know what to say.

"I'm on my way." I assure him.

"Dani-." He starts saying.

"Gibbs, I can't just sit here and do nothing!" I growl.

"It was Ari." He says and I freeze.

"What?" I ask.

"He shot her with a sniper rifle." He explains and I can feel my heart beating hard in my chest.

"I'm on my way." I say as I get up to get ready.

"No." He orders and I clench my jaw.

"Gibbs-."

"That's what he wants." He states and I start pacing back and forth in front of the couch.

"Fine. What do you need from me?" I ask and there's a pause.

"The funeral is tomorrow. Be there." Is all he says and hangs up.

My other phone rings but I ignore it, not wanting to talk to him. It keeps ringing and I finally grab it and answer it.

"What?" I growl.

"I'm assuming Gibbs told you." Fitz says in a calm and gentle voice.

"How could you guys royally fuck up that bad?!" I shout.

"Dan-..." He starts saying.

"No! I mean it! How could you trust him?!" I shout, more mad at myself than anything else.

"We took a calculated r-."

"Yeah, and it cost a good agent her life." I growl and hang up.

I go out and drive around trying to clear my head. My phone rings and I see that it's Charlie.

"It's not a good time-."

"Why? You with your boss lover or something? Saw him drop off some stuff." He jokes.