Cards

Danika's POV:
I hear the phone ring and know exactly who it's going to be on the other end of the line. I listen as the King answers the phone.

"Who the hell is this?" He asks Rossi.

"Alright, I want a doctor sent in, and then I want out of here."

"I can't do that. I need the leverage." He says and I figure Rossi asked for him to let the hostages go.

"He's trying to negotiate." The king scoffs.

"Negotiate? We're not playing games." The queen growls and goes towards a little girl.

"Either we get what we want or everyone in this room dies!" The queen says coldly.

The dad pleads for her not to take his daughter and I get up and stand in the way.

"Take me instead, I know you've been dying to put a bullet in me." I say and she tilts her head and shoots me in the gut.

"No!" I hear Matthew shout.

"Move and the next one goes in you!" She threatens and points the gun at him while she grabs me.

"Get back to your spot!" She growls.

She grabs me and drags me back to where I was, out of sight of the cameras. I grunt as I put my head against the wall and keep pressure on the wound.

"Let me help her." I hear Matthew ask and the Queen looks back at me and then at him.

"You try anything." She warns and he nods and goes over towards me.

"What the hell were you thinking?" He asks as he helps keep pressure.

"Didn't want the little girl to lose her dad." I groan.

"I don't know if your brave or stupid." He scoffs.

"Neither, I just like making people's lives harder. Especially when they get in the way of my lazy day." I huff and wince.

"Just take it easy, they'll send a medic in soon." He assures me.

"Yeah, that's what I'm worried about." I mutter.

The medic arrives and the Jack ends up dying anyway. I know Hotch is talking in the medic's ear telling him to shoot the King. He attempts it but gets two bullets for his troubles and dies.

"There goes my help." I mutter.

"Maybe not." Matthew says and grabs the medical kit.

"You know how to use any of that stuff?" I scoff and wince.

"I was in the marines." He explains and I nod.

"Good enough for me." I mutter and close my eyes.

"Hey, you gotta stay awake." He says and slaps my face and I slap his.

"Hey, I'm trying to help you." He says.

"Isn't going to matter much when they start shooting innocent people." I mutter and hear a gunshot go off and a body drop.

"Wasn't the kids dad? Was it?" I ask and he looks around the corner.

"No, some other guy." He says in a whisper and I get the supplies I need.

I start digging the bullet out and he faces me again.

"What are you doing?!" He asks.

"Getting the fucker out." I grunt and get it out and put pressure on the wound again.

———

They end up taking off their masks when the team figures out that the two guys, the King and Jack are brothers. The hostages are then forced to move closer to the windows.