Car-Jacking

My phone goes off and I realize it's Fitz. I furrow my brows but excuse myself and go into another room.

"I'm sort of busy."

"Cyrus' husband, James, was murdered in an attempted highjacking two days ago." He says and I lick my lips.

"Wow, um...sorry to hear that." I lie convincingly.

"I don't know what to do. It's all...surreal." Fitz admits and I sigh.

"Your job instead of calling me would be a good place to start." I joke and he chuckles.

Before he can answer, my other phone goes off and I see that it's Jake. I roll my eyes as I hang up on Fitz.

"Olivia just called me, she's convinced that James Novak was killed for knowing about something he shouldn't have." He explains.

"And what do you want me to do about it?" I scoff and notice Hotch glancing over at me from the conference room.

"I'm taking care of things on my end. I need you to take care of things on yours." He says and I hear dirt being scooped up and he then hangs up.

I huff and head back into the conference room as I put my phone away. Garcia continues on with the presentation as I go over to my spot.

"Sorry." I say and sit down in my seat and start listening to the case of none other than the murder of James Novak.

Hotch glances over at me again, but I look over at the screen with the gruesome photos of James. His face is looking up at the sky and I figure that Jake stayed with him until he died, probably apologized about him being killed too.

The screen turns off and the team starts to head out to question the cops who picked up the case first. I pull Hotch aside before he gets the chance to leave the room.

"I have to take care of something, I'll meet you guys soon." I assure him and he nods his head, knowing about my part time government work.

He doesn't know what I do, but he knows that he doesn't have a choice in the matter. I do my best to keep the two separate and it's been working pretty well, so far. But I have a feeling it's not going to be so easy this time.

I head out on my bike and and get to an auto shop going through back channels without cameras. I walk into a garage and get my gun out and point it at a guy who's working under his car.

"Lance McCollum." I say and he drops his wrench out of surprise.

"Who wants to know?" He asks and I put my foot on his crotch so he doesn't move out from under his car to get a look at me.

"Who are you?" He asks, clearly nervous.

"The United States Government. Here to tell you to serve your country."

"I can't serve nobody." He scoffs.

"Yeah a sick liver will do that to a person. But you know who gets free medical care? Transplants? Inmates do. I'm gonna need you to go to the police and confess to a crime." I say and he freezes.

"And if I don't?" He asks.

"Instead of six months and a chance at living, you'll have .6 seconds and no chance at all." I calmly warn, which seems to scare people more.

"Okay. I'll do it." He agrees and I smirk.

"Good. Now, stay under the car for another thirty seconds and you'll get that 6 months and a chance." I order and take my foot off his crotch and leave.

I call Jake on the way to my next location and tell him I did my part. He tells me that he finished his as well, that we'll check in later to see how everything's playing out.