Chapter 3: Flashback: Apsara Rambha's Curse

Story Unfolds:

Several years ago: At Heaven: Before the birth of Karna & Supriya:

In a royal court of Indra Dev, several beautiful dancers were preparing for their dance numbers. Among them the most important ones were Apsara Urvshi. But this flashback story was not about her. So let we come to the point straight. The story started with Apsara Rambha. In Indra Sabha, there were many prominent Apsaras or the divine girls whose main work was to dance and sing to the Gods and also to break the vow of celibacy of the sages or demons who tried to rule over the throne of Indra Dev. Among them Tillotama, Menaka, Rambha, Gritachi and Urvshi were significant. They all were known as celestial virgins who took birth from "Apa"(water) at the time of Samudra Manthan. Menaka was the mother of Shajuntala who gave birth to Raja Bharat of Kuru Vansh. Gritachi (the beauty with brain among them) was mother of Sunaina who later took birth as Devi Amba in Mahabharata era. Urvshi gave birth to several sons of Maharajah Pururobah of the same Kuru clan. Only Tillotama (the perfect beauty) was not known as the mother of anyone.

Our story started with another Apsara or Apsara Rambha. Let us concentrate on the story now.

One day Apsara Rambha was roaming absentmindedly at the beautifully decorated garden of heaven. She saw the Surya Dev to come out of the far eastern corner of the horizon. In his own lavish chariot. She looked at his face in awe. His extremely handsome face, debonair attitude, regal style, magnetic charm, sturdy limbs, six pack abs, broadest shoulders, chiseled upper body with strong hands, strong cheekbones with pinkish cheeks, long eyelashes, piercing gaze made her fall for him instantly. She fell in love with him just at first sight. She desires for him!!! But it was totally forbidden!!! No Apsara could desire for a God to be her life partner!!! According to the rule of heaven!! She forgot the rule!! It happened in love!!

 She desires for him!!! But it was totally forbidden!!! No Apsara could desire for a God to be her life partner!!! According to the rule of heaven!! She forgot the rule!! It happened in love!!

Devi Rambha (mother of Supriya)

She looked smitten by him. At the very first glance. She bashfully lifted her eyes to him and batted her own eyelashes. But Surya Dev paid no attention to her. He loved his wife Devi Sangya tremendously. He never saw at any other girl in his life. Before Kunti. That also due to a curse.