Chapter 24: Karna-Supriya Marriage

Story Unfolds:

At one Royal room at Anga:

"Main usko apni bahu kadapi nahin man payungi. Mere Man Putri Padma ki tarah bishal nahin hain. (I can't be able to accept that girl as my second daughter-in-law. My heart is not so big and open like daughter Padma.)"

One woman was declaring it aloud to her sons and husband. She meant it. In quite grumpy face. She was dear mother of Karna, Radhama.

         Radhama (Karna's mother)

She lifted her palms to her eye level and stared hard at them. In vacant eyes. Her mind was racing fast. She was seeing the day when she had for the first time in her life met with a tiny baby who changed her life!! That boy clutched to her thumb as if she was his real mother!!! He giggled at her!! Till that day she never looked back. She never had an urge to leave him alone. But destiny had snatched him away from her for several times. Once when he was in Gurukul (house of his mentor) then at time of his own coronation as the King of Anga. But she always prayed for him. But not today!!! Today she could not pray that he would remarry again. As a mother, she could!!! But as a mere woman, she could not!! She knew that how big sacrifice her dear daughter-in-law Padmavati had just committed for his happiness!!! She was proud of her!! As her mother-in-law!!!

A small sigh escaped the mouth of his younger son Shone who knew how much adamant she could be in this regard!! His mother loved Karna most and that love could easily turn into a lifelong hatred to Supriya!! He was not unintelligent boy himself. He had realized that Supriya had to do her best to win her mother-in-laws heart. That heart which accepted Padma and Uruvi easily was now against of her second daughter-in-law!! Completely!!

Sumedha, his wife, came forward and touched her mother-in-laws tensed shoulder. She stirred a little bit but stood tall. In her decision.

    Devi Sumedha (Wife of Shone)

"Mate, ap chahe athaba na Chahe Mitra Duryoshan ke liye mujhe yeah ahuti dena bhi hoga aur bibah bhi karna hoga. Karna apne vachan se piche nahin mud sakta. Barna woh Karna nahin!!! (Mother, you like it or not I have to sacrifice my life for my Friend's sake. I have to marry again. I have taken a vow. And a person who can break his vow is not Karna.)" Her first son came forward and touched her feet. With utmost devotion.