Chapter 31: Supriya: Silent Spectator of downfall!!!

Story Unfolds :

At one small room of Anga:

"Mahadev, mere pran le lo. Meri Jiji ka lauta do. Swami to unke Bina Nahin ji payenge. (O Lord Shiva, take my life. Give back the life of my elder sister. My husband can't live without her.)"

A girl of sixteen was sitting upright on the floor. Before the Shiva Ling in her room. In prayer mode. She was now praying hard. She wanted to save the life of her Goddess. Her elder sister. Her Jiji who was life of her husband. This girl's devotion was praiseworthy too. She was even prepared to donate her young life to save her sister's. She was heroine of the story Devi Supriya herself.

  Devi Supriya (2nd Karna Sangini)

She did not have good clothes to wear. Only two pairs of torn clothes. She had no jewelry to wear. But the torn clothes and no jewelary look did not decrease Her beauty, on the contrary it had enhanced it twice. She was a really simple and easy going person who did not complain a bit about her own situation. She had not been given food except at night time. She had to keep fast almost every day. She did not mind that too. She was just happy to steal a glance of her husband Karna from far. When at the dawn time he went to river Ganges to pay to Sun God, she woke up and looked at him. When he played with his son at the royal garden, she stared at him. When he practiced archery in open arena or garden, she looked at him. When he was being prepared for the court, she stared at him. When he went to the royal court, she followed him. From behind. Just to see him sitting on the throne. Just to devor his magestic presence and magnetic personality. In her young heart she was so sure that her time here was numbered. Any day she would be banished from here. So she just wanted to look at him from far. As a silent spectator. Like a very young and infatuated girl she was seen following him everywhere. From far. With wide eyes. She loved to roam into his room and caressed all things used by him. Like his bows, his arrows, his Vijay Dhanush, his shoes, his clothes. Her own distress did not make her scared a bit. Till now.

From his bows, arrows and clothes she felt his touch

From his bows, arrows and clothes she felt his touch. She always keep his shoes in proper places that maids had misplaced everytime. He forgot to tell or scold anyone. For this small matter. When Padmavati was healthy, she had taken the responsibility on her able shoulders. None could dare to make any mistake. But after her illness, the household was not like before. Medha tried hard but as a young bride she could not be able to look all of it. She was a sharply intelligent girl yet not strict like Padma. The household was in the dire need of the awakening of Padma. So Supriya took the matters in her hands. She wiped his room. She placed his clothes. She serveyed his food. She placed his shoes, bows and arrows in proper place. Under her guidance Sumedha was learning a lot too. However Karna did not mind a bit. It was small matters for him. Not for her. She, like a true devotee, was always ready for her deity.