Chapter 113: Supriya sensed Disaster!!

Story Unfolds :

At the morning of 17th day of the epic war of Mahabharata: At the Royal tent of Kaurava:

One man was seen sitting at the feet of a grief stricken mother. With folded hands. He came to seek her blessings for the war. As he knew it perfectly how very important this day's was was for him. He looked at her face. Then touched her feet in respect. She flinched a little bit. She was thinking something absentmindedly. But his touch had awaken up her from her own thoughts.

Her own big almond shaped beautiful eyes were blindfolded with the red patch of clothes

Her own big almond shaped beautiful eyes were blindfolded with the red patch of clothes. She had done it since she was married to a blind man. She, as a loyal wife of her husband, the King of Hadrinapur, denied to see the world that her husband could not see. She was also called another epitome of loyalty and devotion in this world. Like the cute simple heroine of our story Devi Supriya herself. She was none but Mata Gandhari, the mother of Prince Duryodhan and wife of King Dhritashtra.

               Mata Gandhari

               Mata Gandhari

She outstretched her both hands but could not be able to touch his head. As she could not see where was his head now. She could sense the soft touch on her feet. From it she had anticipated that he was seeking for her Aswirvad or blessings. Her hands passed out of the air over his head for once. In the next time he drove her hands to his own head and put them on it. She smiled brightly. She was sanguine that her this ever obedient son would like always assist herself. In this trial. She then heard his husky baritone voice in her eardrum.

"Mate, anumati dijiye. (Mother, let me permit to go to the war.)"

She flinched uncomfortably. She had listened the same pleading from her second son Dushasan yesterday. She blessed him merrily. But he never came back. The news of his brutal murder had reached to her. She was still in shock. She heard all about the brutality of the murder of Dushasan. She knew that he was sinner. Of Devi Draupadi. But she was a Mother too. How could she cope with the pain of loosing her own child?!!! Even if he was a guilty One!!!

"Mate!!!" The man's murmurings rang in her eardrum repeatedly. She did not want him to go too!!! Yet she knew it perfectly that only he could protect her Duryi and none else!!!