Chapter 76: Mother & Son: Supriya-Vrishasen

Story Unfolds :

At a small secluded house at the outskirt of Hastinapur:

One beautiful girl was sitting lazily on the kitchen garden. Alone. She had no companion here. One year had passed away out of blue. She forgot to count the time. She forgot even herself. She was living here in a secluded house all alone. She sent away her five sons to their father and elder mother in the hope that they would get a good and royal upbringing. She knew it quite by heart that even if their beloved father was now enraged on herself, he could not get rid of those boys as he loved all of them tenderly. And it proved to be completely correct assumption. He did not neglect his duties as a father and was preparing those boys in his own hands. He was not only their father, but also their mentor and Guru too. She received every news of their daily routine. From her Jiji who had urged her to come back several times. Yet she ignored the pleading. As she knew that she had to abandon her place for the sake of her baby sister Uruvi. Yes you guessed right. She was none but the main female protagonist of our story Devi Supriya herself.

   Devi Supriya (2nd wife of Karna)

She recalled the day when he went away from her house. In anger. He did not a bit stopped nor he looked back. He did not know that even with great effort she stood up and ran behind him. She had fallen down. She had cut off her knees. She had touched the dust of the floor. With devotion. She had banged her head on the threshold from where he refused to enter. She lost her consciousness for three more days. She had been saved by the royal doctor sent by her dear sister Bhanu and Jijiashree Duryodhan. She was too weak to get up since then. For a Month. Her body was weak. Her mind was vacant. Her soul hurt. Her heart was broken. She refused to go with her Jiji Bhanumati who requested Her thousand times to live with them in the royal palace of Hastinapur. She politely declined her demands.

"Su, tuh bahat hat karne lag gayi hain. (Supriya, you are becoming adamant truly.)" Bhanu told her grumpily. She wanted her baby sister to reside with herself. She failed to comprehend the nature of Supriya!!!

 She failed to comprehend the nature of Supriya!!!

Devi Bhanumati (sister of Supriya)

Supriya just smiled brightly at her. In decline. She did not a bit want to be a burden on her sister.