Chapter 94: Parashuram's guidance & Supriya's test!!!

Story Unfolds :

At a mountain top: At morning time:
At the same day:

"Mere Swami ko jiban Dan de dijiye.
(Give my husband's life back), Guru dev."

One beautiful girl was sitting at the feet of a bulky old man. Clutching his feet. With respect. She was begging the life of her husband.

  Devi Supriya (2nd Wife of Karna)

The man was looking at the morning sky in thoughtful manner. He did not know what to tell her. Her husband was destined to die. He was destined to perish. His legacy would remain immortal by his unjustified demise. At the epic war of Mahabharata. But as a loyal wife, this girl was not listening to any reasoning. It was not her fault. Any devoted wife would do the same that she was doing just now.

He recalled the day when a teenager Boy had come to his Ashram. Hungry and thirsty. Yet his face was glowing like Sun. The Sun symbol in between his eyebrows gave his identity that day. He had made a mistake. He had concealed his identity. Parashuram had grudge against Kshatriya clan so he told him that he was a Brahmin.

"Tumhara parichay do, Vatsya. (Give me your identity, my son.)" He asked the boy.

The boy flinched uncomfortably. He was hiding a secret. Of his birth!!! He stood motionless there for some time then uttered slowly

"Main ek Brahman hoon (I am a mere Brahmin boy), Guru Dev."

Parashuram looked at his face. With awe. Then a small smile escaped his lips. He knew the identify of this boy. He was Sarbottam Kshatriya or the best among the warrior clan. He was adored yet illegitimate son of Surya Dev or Sun God. He was son of Pritha Kunti. He was called in two names. Radheya!!! By his Forster parents. In Love. Basusen!! By his own childhood friends. Yet he would be immortal in history of mankind in another name. Karna!!! Yes!!! You heard it right!! The mentor of Karna knew his identity beforehand!!!! Bhagwan Parashuram was no fool himself!!! He had ample knowlege about humans!!! He had realized his identity just by a glimpse of his face!!!!

Guru Parashuram looked at Karna in disbelief. Why the hell this boy seen so desperate to lie to him?!!

"Parichay do, Vatysa." He asked him once again. More firmly than before.

The boy lifted his eyes and folded his hands. To him. And told this "Main Radheya hoon (I am Radheya), Guru Dev."

"Hmm!!" Guru Dev seemed dubious. But he did not show it.

He looked at the oak tree near his big garden and then lifted his left hand to the tallest branch of it. "Tumhe woh pata dikh raha hain, Vatysa?!! (Do you see the leaf hanging on highest branch of it, my son?!!)" He asked the boy.

The boy for a second looked clueless. He seemed bewildered. Why Guru Parashuram was asking him that?!! By the way he controlled himself. He was an intelligent boy. He knew that this man never talked nonsense in his life. It must have some meaning that he failed to comprehend.