Chapter 25: Twin marriages passify Kalinga

Story Unfolds :

At the Royal Chamber of Kalinga:

A man was fuming in anger. He was now pacing in his royal chamber in indecision. He wanted to avenge his insult yet surprisingly his loyal Prime Minister Agnimitra was against it. He was in mortal dilemma. He was none other than the mighty King of Kalinga Maharajah Chitrangad, father of Su-Bhanu or Bhanumati and Supriya.

      King Chitrangad of Kalinga

That day was the distratrous day of his life. His darling elder daughter was abducted and captivated by the Hastinapur Prince against her will. She could not be able to present in her own Swayambar. Chedi Naresh and Sindhu Naresh created havoc in the Swayambar ceremony. Just Bidarva Prince Rukmin looked relieved. So also another Hastinapur Prince Kumar Arjuna. But his reputation was doomed by Shishupal and Jayadrath who wanted to declare war against his state but coaxed by Lord Krishna at the very nick of the moment. The situation came under control by his help. But it increased anger of Kalinga King Chitrangad. Twice. He needed to declare war against Hastinapur to free his daughters. Su-Bhanu.

"Maharajah, kripa karke ap shant ho jayiye. Rajkumari Bhanumati aur Supriya ki Apaharan apke Pratistha pe daag lagaya abasya hain, kintu wo dono Aryabart ki pratham Kanyaye nahin jinki apaharan huwa hain. (O my Lord, kindly please be calm and think clearly. Princesess Bhanumati and Supriya's kidnapping dishonor your reputation truly, but they are not the first girls of Indian subcontinent to be kidnapped like this.)" His loyal Minister Agnimitra tried to pacify his anger. Then with a sigh he added it "Aur unki bibah bhi nischit ho gaya hain. Rajkumari Bhanumati ke sath Kumar Duryodhan ki aur Rajkumari Supriya ke sath Anga Raj Karna ki. Ye sambad hamara guptacharo ne diya hain. Bibah ke ichha se kiya apaharan aniatik nahin kehlati. (And even their wedding is arranged too. Bhanumati with Prince Duryodhan of Hastinapur and Supriya with Anga King Karna. And you know it well that this kind of abduction for marriage is not illegal in India.)"

       Pradhan Mantri Agnimitra

The King sharply turned back and had faced his loyal Minister. With burning eyes. He was still angry and far from being passified. Angimitra lowered the head. He knew his master would not be coaxed so easily.